HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Whats your wealth like today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Whats your wealth like today?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Cloudy and overcast
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 pm

'Bought like it was yesterday; pretty non-existant!! No FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm wealthy in that I live in a GREAT nation, in an environment that I'm blessed to have chosen for myself in a 'gated community' with an 18 hole private golf course, 55 miles of paved roads, 115 acre stocked private lake, where motor boats and jet skies are prohibited, on the side of Sharptop Mountain in North Georgia.

The Town of Jasper, Ga is only about 9 miles away, Atlanta is about 1 hour and 20 minutes away.

I have a wife who loves me, and has provided me with 2 (with one on the way) grand children, a loving daughter-in-law, and son-in-law. They now live in Texas again, we hope to be able to visit and watch my eldest grandson graduate from High School this June.

My parents (both in their 80's) are living and have enough money to take care of their modest needs.

My wife's father is still living and working @ 73 years of age still doing concrete commercial and residential construction (he is one tough but loving old Mexican/American) his wife (my wife's mother) died several years ago from ALS - Lou Gehrig's disease.

My two younger brothers are living and working.

I have food on my table, a roof over my head, my utilities are current.

Most of my bills are current, in spite of being laid off due to reduction in force reductions two days before Thanksgiving, with very few job offers out there for skilled electricians.

I have a reasonably sound mind Shocked

I have a God who loves me, no matter WHAT I do.

I have pipes and tobacco, and friends to enjoy them with.

I am drawing unemployment, but I'm a VERY WEALTHY MAN!

Thank you for asking Exclamation

Last edited by kilted1 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 pm

I would have to go along the same lines as what Kilted1 says. I'm fortunate that I'm still working but the lay off cloud is looming in the airline industry all the time. Money wise I'm living pay check to pay check right now. Health wise it couldn't be better right now after the gastric bypass surgery. I have a great family and a roof over my head. I pray that God is looking after me, which he has these many years. I have a roof over my head, food on the table and my pipes and tobacco which is better than some people nowadays so I have nothing to complain about. I am grateful to God for everything he has given me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bulldog Bruce

Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:23 am

Ditto kilted 1 and Mikem. Living on SS disability and service connected VA dis. Wife still nursing, but huge changes going on at her workplace, paycheck to paycheck. Facing life threatening Major extensive surgery and long tough recovery afterwords. Have to give up pipe due to upcoming surgery.

Wife still loves me as do daughters and grandsons. Can fish or hunt within a few miles either way from home, beautiful alpine mountains or high desert within sight. Have an old shovelhead built from parts by self and 06 dyna which Chris loves to pack on the back of. Great and loyal friends.

The Grand Architect of the Universe is with me every moment. I am an Extremely wealthy man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 pm

The above pretty much sums it up. I'm a blessed man for sure and I honestly can say that where the rubber meets the road there is not much else that I could ask for. I know that I will eat tonight and I will have a warm place to lay my head and my family is healthy. Everything else is just extra!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Buck

Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:00 pm

IMO most Americans have a fairly "rich" life of many sorts.

I have "enough" so I'm set & sleep well at night.
study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 am

Monetarily (sp?) I'm not very well off. On the other hand, I have a secure job which I still enjoy. I have enough to pay my bills, and keep food on the table. I'm healthy and have a beautiful wife who treats me better than I deserve. I can't think of anything I need that I don't have and very few things that I want. I'd say I'm blessed of the Lord. What more could one ask?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:09 pm

These are great responses. I guess we all have so much to be thankful for, no matter what our circumstances. Here in Africa, where security is a real issue, we still have it OK. As for me, I take life one day at a time. This works for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

I have a wonderful wife, a true soulmate with a heart of gold,,,,a solid roof over my head,,,a good vehicle to drive to my job,,,farmland to hunt or plant if needed,,,peace of mind,,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gkhanna74

Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Bulldog Bruce,

I wish you a speedy recovery on your upcoming surgery. God bless you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yooper

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats your wealth like today?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:15 pm

My wife, children, and grandchildren are all healthy and doing quite well, as am I. I sometimes fall asleep in my recliner in the evening, no real worries. Life is good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Whats your wealth like today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1