HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Rubber pipe hanging clips.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Rubber pipe hanging clips.   Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:16 pm

I've seen them at pipe shops and in pictures, but does anyone know where you can purchase those rubber or plastic clips that let you hang a pipe by the shank on a flat board? Thanks in advance for your help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Rubber pipe hanging clips.   Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Mike,

I've seen them at cupojoes, they're really a great idea. I have tought about attaching a stained strip of wood, liquid nails, to the inside of a kitchen cabinet then attaching the rubber clips to that. Maybe even router the edge of it to make it purty. The wood base would also give the pipes a little "hanging" space and might just be attractive to do on a visible wall. I would be careful to not put a "rack" on a section of wall that gets direct sunlight as that would oxidize vulcanite stems.

Super idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Rubber pipe hanging clips.   Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks TJ, I'll look there. Never even thought about the sun light issue but that is sure something to think about. Especially here in Arizona.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Rubber pipe hanging clips.   Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Mike,

I searched cup o joes and did not find them. I've seen them on some pipe site but can't remember where. If I find em', I'll let you know. In the meantime, if you're up, I am sure a well stocked hardware store would carry "things" to hang tools with, etc. You might also consider a strip of leather attached in "loops" to a decorative piece of wood. The pipes would hang bowl up but I don't see where that would be detrimental in any way.

Whatever you come up; the one big benefit is that your pipes would be out in circulating air which would aid in resting. This is something that is inhibited with pipe cabinets.

I bet Super Will could come up with something. Tell him to be careful if he orders something through the Navy. The wrong numbers might get a fleet of destroyers. A standing joke in the USAF was someone ordering paper clips and getting an airplane wing. "1 each" might be a bushel load too. You KNOW!

A couple dozen Playboy Bunnies just standing around holding your pipes would work too if the "office" is big enough.

I hope none of this made you laugh and loose a stitch.

Regards,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of course!

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muleskinner

Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Rubber pipe hanging clips.   Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Mike, I sent you a PM.

Muleskinner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_Houston

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Post Pictures   Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm

This is a very interesting thread. I'd like to make something like this for my pipes. Please post some pictures of what you guys come up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rubber pipe hanging clips.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1