HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our visit to Boswell's

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Our visit to Boswell's Empty
PostSubject: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 am

Justpipes and I paid a visit to Boswells on our way to the NY Pipe show. I couldnt leave without picking up this:

Our visit to Boswell's Dsc00512

Our visit to Boswell's Dsc00513

A bargan at $55.00, also picked up samples of Stokkeby navy flake and bulls eye and a tin of Hamborger Veermaster.
Well worth the trip, they are such a gracious family & the store was fabulous, the quaint atmosphere of Chambersburg was also a big plus.
Back to top Go down
Winslow

Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:35 am

I thought Justpipes Southrons burned Chambersburg down in 1863,did you guys feel any angst
about riding around with those Virginia plates on your car? Laughing

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:26 am

Winslow wrote:
I thought Justpipes Southrons burned Chambersburg down in 1863,did you guys feel any angst
about riding around with those Virginia plates on your car? Laughing

Winslow sunny

Not at all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:02 am

We could not have asked for anymore gracious hospitality!
Back to top Go down
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Another great pipe ,,,sounds like a memorable visit,,, cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 am

Wow this thing smoked great the first time!
For the virgin smoke I used C&D Organic Pipe Dreams, and man did it smoke great.
Smoked dry all the way to the bottom of the bowl, that pure Va really came through.
Looks like whatever Boswell precarbonizes with really works, I didnt notice any foreign smells or tastes.
Back to top Go down
Trout Bum

Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:53 pm

The thing that really sets JM Boswell apart is that, as a pipemaker, he is the only one, to my knowledge, who owns a walk-in store front. In addition, he blends his own tobacco. To top it off, his customer service (basically the entire family!) is truly exceptional. I own one Boswell pipe, a smooth poker that is one of my best smokers. I enjoy very much his Northwoods tobacco, and one day, I WILL visit his shop.

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Our visit to Boswell's   Our visit to Boswell's EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Trout Bum wrote:
The thing that really sets JM Boswell apart is that, as a pipemaker, he is the only one, to my knowledge, who owns a walk-in store front. In addition, he blends his own tobacco. To top it off, his customer service (basically the entire family!) is truly exceptional. I own one Boswell pipe, a smooth poker that is one of my best smokers. I enjoy very much his Northwoods tobacco, and one day, I WILL visit his shop.

Thanks for sharing!

Just walking into his shop is an experience unto itself! That was evidenced by the number of locals that were just hanging out there, and when his wife came out and asked us if she could make us a cup of coffe, I just couldn't believe it! Then on top of that she offered EJ and I a personal tour. I sure wish the few B&M's around here knew what the Boswells know about hospitality! Obviously it has allowed their business to flurish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

Our visit to Boswell's
Page 1 of 1