HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What are your favorite pipe accessories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 am

Mine are an Old Boy lighter and a Senior Reamer. I have owned the lighter for about 3 years, and its great.
Bub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 am

I fancy a Brebbia pipe knife that I acquired from Steve Monjure at the TAPS Pipe Show last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
paddy-boy

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:27 am

zippo pipe lighter and a Czech pipe tool.
Had both for years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:50 am

paddy-boy wrote:
zippo pipe lighter and a Czech pipe tool.

Same here,
My carry around Zippo Is a Polished Chrome Armor w/ pipe insert.
On my "Smoking Desk" is a Polished Brass Armor also w/ pipe insert with several Czech tools floating around, except in my car I carry a Basic Aluminum pipe tool.
Back to top Go down
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:30 am

I don't have all that fancy of a collection (at least not yet) but I do like this little Tsuge bamboo tamper I bought about a year ago. I'm looking to start collecting a variety of things, though. Seeing some of the collections of pipes, tobacco, jars, accesories, etc., from many on this site make the pleasure and hobby of pipe smoking all that much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 pm

I love those plastic foldup stands--I use 'em like a coaster for the pipe I'm currently smoking, they travel wherever, and they make an excellent solution when I don't have room on the rack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:01 pm

My favorites in no particular order include:
My dad's German Boker two blade congress knife. The sheeps foot blade is perfect for a light reaming and the small clip blade is perfect for removing ash after a smoke.

A 1700s hand wrought nail from Fort Charlotte where my triple great grandad fought in the Revolutionary war. Perfect tamper and bowl cleaner.

A chrome Old Boy for lights that I've had for 4 years and never failed to light...when I keep butane in it.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wayne_Teipen

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 am

Mine would have to be a Zebrawood pipe tamper I made for myself. Next to that, I have a few roll up tobacco pouches that I really like and carry often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teipenpipes.com
Aaron

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:53 am

I would say that mine would have to be my Sherlock holmes pipe tamper and Sherlock pipe zippo. But a certain hand made tamper made by one of our esteemed members is gaining ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aaronjoliver.tumblr.com
Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Zippo lighter and pipe nail, never leave home without them! Unfortunately had to replace my old lighter today, I think my other one was unfortunately left in a parking lot somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lewisableidinger.com
LtMac

Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:19 am

My favorite accessories are my Zippo lighter collection and my pipe tamper collection. My dad made several of my tampers for me.

LtMac
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 am

Rail Man wrote:
Unfortunately had to replace my old lighter today, I think my other one was unfortunately left in a parking lot somewhere.
Ouch! that's gotta hurt!
Back to top Go down
arcticsmoke

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Of all the pipe accessories I have, my favorite and most used would have to be the pipe couches, and cheap 1$ pipe nails. Have them all over the house.

Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck

Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 pm

My fav's are: A 1 of 500 Kershaw pipe knife, a Zippo pipe lighter, and a
clip in pipe wind cap. (Kershaw is known for making fine knives for pocket,
hunting & kitchen which is what makes the one time run of pipe knives so
special.)

All these things serve very specific uses in my pipe smoking routine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vasco

Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:12 pm

1 czech tool in the pocket and other on the desk.
Bic minilighters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:32 pm

Mine would be my Old Boy Lighter and a pipe tamper that I made with deer anlter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:47 pm

I neglected to mention before another accessory that a brother gifted me. Midnight Blues gave me a deer antler tamper that he made that is just awesome. I didn't mention it because it is just too nice to use. I rather just enjoy admiring it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:16 am

This site has some cool pewter tampers, I particulary like the Nude Lady Tamper Very Happy .
http://www.ramshornstudio.com/retail/index1.html
At the left side of the home page you'll see the pipe tamper catagory.
Back to top Go down
nyed001

Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 pm

I usually keep a plastic pipe stand,a box of Swan matches and an older style Dr Grabow pipe tool my wife found in a box to be thrown out at the pharmacy she use to run and work at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:46 pm

I don't know about you gentlemen but what really goes well with my pipe is a czech tool, red bird matches, a good book or my ipod. Plus a little sunshine sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: What is MY favorite pipe smoking accessory?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:05 pm

My mouth...it really enhances the flavor and it's almost impossible to smoke without it aaannnndd it was free lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Justpipes wrote:
I neglected to mention before another accessory that a brother gifted me. Midnight Blues gave me a deer antler tamper that he made that is just awesome. I didn't mention it because it is just too nice to use. I rather just enjoy admiring it.

Thanks JP, go ahead and use her, if you wear it out I'll make you another one!

My favorite accessory of late is Swan Vestas matches, man these things are amazing,
you could explore an entire medieval castle with just one match.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:53 pm

My Old Boy lighter,Pipe tool with pick and scraper,and Hen&Rooster stag handle
pen knife for scraping out the meers.And various polishing rags,waxes,and cleaners.
I always clean my guns and pipes after use. bounce

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strongirish

Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Fav pipe tools   Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:45 am

I only use a Zippo pipe lighter that I have carried for 30 years! Somehow I have never lost it unlike pipe nails. I also, use a swiss army knife that I keep on my keychain. Still looking for a pipe tamper to keep on my keychain but closest I have found is a czech tool but they tend to rust down here in our humidity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
N7COF

Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite pipe accessories   Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:53 pm

One off pipe tamper that I received as a gift from pipemaker friend
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are your favorite pipe accessories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next