HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

What are you drinking?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenleaf

Greenleaf

Registration date : 2010-04-05

What are you drinking? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:26 am

Has anybody been shopping at ALDI? They opened some in Dallas, and carry a German pilsner called Wernesgruner. It's pale like Miller, but perhaps a dollar cheaper for a six of longnecks (except High Life, in which case you gotta' go with the 32s). I never found anything in more common European imports like Heineken, but this cheap German stuff tastes rich with a round high and you can't beat the price.

That's what I'm havin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegreenleaffiles.blogspot.com
pipedirector

pipedirector

Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:50 pm

I think I need to move to Texas - the liquor stores here in Kansas have a "limited" selection of what they can get and are expensive, plus add on the damn state tax you pay. People wonder why everyone slips across the border to Missouri to buy anything...

Also, forget buying any good beer in grocery stores - it's all 3.2 horse piss. Yuck. Mad

Matt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greenleaf

Greenleaf

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:46 pm

And I thought Texas was bad for keping the liquor stores closed on Sundays. I was once in Arizona, where you could buy hard liquor at grocery stores. Still, Phoenix didn't have all the bars and liquor/beer stores we have in Dallas.
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Presently, Pabst Blue Ribbon. I don't care if it is a little hipster beer. I like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aaronjoliver.tumblr.com
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Aaron wrote:
Presently, Pabst Blue Ribbon. I don't care if it is a little hipster beer. I like it.
It was an honest drinking man's beer before that, and it'll be one long after.

Drinking one right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Aaron wrote:
It was an honest drinking man's beer before that, and it'll be one long after.

Drinking one right now.

Solidarity sir. I actually did know that it was considered a working mans beer years ago, I've just been criticized here recently for drinking it. But I really don't care.
Back to top Go down
Falconer

Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Finishing off a Coors before going to that damn high taxed whisky here in Kansas (Forty Creek) But it's worth it, Mizzous' to far away from this side of Wichita. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Incredibly NSFW, but someone has to say it:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Falconer

Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Dennis Hopper another great Kansan (Dodge City even). He is sorely missed Sad May he rest in peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 pm

What are you drinking? - Page 10 Images12
INNIS & GUNN RUM CASK

Down to my last bottle! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Buffalo Trace

First time. Lots of flavors, but none are very robust. I like the oaky, leathery first stage, followed by a somewhat crisp, clean citrus-like finish. It's not really citrus, but something with a bright flavor like that. Had a spicy meal about thirty minutes before, so it wasn't a great combination at first. With the right meal and then an acidic-leaning cigar, I bet its great. That'll be next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:38 am

Coffee. Starbucks espresso roast to be exact. It's gonna be a long night and this paper isn't going to write itself. Guess I shouldn't be posting on BoB....
Back to top Go down
Greenleaf

Greenleaf

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:10 am

Just had a couple longnecks of Shiner Bock, made here in Texas. I hear they've got a Christmas variety out, which I must try. Finally something I might like about the holidays.
Back to top Go down
itsKot

itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Greenleaf wrote:
Just had a couple longnecks of Shiner Bock, made here in Texas. I hear they've got a Christmas variety out, which I must try. Finally something I might like about the holidays.

Fellow Texan and shiner lover here! If you like shiner you should check out their hefeweizen, very refreshing. I know if some people catch me saying this I'll get shot, but I think its far and away the best of their lineup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: PA Liquor   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:34 am

Just be happy you don't live in Pennsylvania; here, all hard liquor and wine is sold in State Stores and priced accordingly (I just paid $25 for a fifth -- 750 ml -- of Maker's Mark). You can buy two (and only two) six packs at a bar to take home, but need to buy a case (and only a case) at a beer distributor, regulated by the state. A free drink at a bar from a sympathetic barkeep is as rare as a hen's tooth, and I suspect quasi-illegal.

There is a constant political undertow to liberalize the system; our Republican governor-elect made it a campaign plank this year. But I also suspect that those who hold beer licenses will persuade our legislature otherwise. On the bright side the legislature was corruptable enough to exempt taverns from the anti-smoking ordinance that was passed here a couple of years back, so you can still smoke and have a drink and in a sympathetic establishment, enjoy a cigar or pipe like an adult, which is a fine thing and worth the surcharge, IMHO.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greenleaf

Greenleaf

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 pm

itsKot wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:

Fellow Texan and shiner lover here! If you like shiner you should check out their hefeweizen, very refreshing. I know if some people catch me saying this I'll get shot, but I think its far and away the best of their lineup.

That hefeweizen is great, but their dunkelweizen would be my favorite.

Sorry to hear that about Pennsylvania, Dallas just now made it legal to sell beer and wine throughout the city, but liquor is still only in restricted areas,. All the 'burbs have beer and wine, the suburb of Addison has it all. I'm lucky enough to live in walking distance of two different suburbs, and Addison is just a quick bus ride away.
Back to top Go down
Greenleaf

Greenleaf

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 am

Just had a bourbon and water (no sugar for iced tea).

Now, Cutty Sark, straight up with my after lunch smoke. It's my night off, gotta enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
BeersAndBriars

BeersAndBriars

Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Victory Prima Pils and Nectar Ales Red Nectar. Delish! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long

Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 am

I recently tried this Avery Brewing Co. India Pale Ale which I found to be especially delicious to sip on whilst smoking my favourite pipe. The store I found it at is about 35 miles from my house, so I should start looking around to see if I can get it locally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maiser

Maiser

Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:12 am

Rogue, Dead Guy Ale... so good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeywillow

whiskeywillow

Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:06 am

Feeling under the weather and I've been up all night, so I fixed myself a hot toddy with Celtic Crossing. I really screwed it up though...the tea is too weak and I put in too much honey. At least I got the hot part right Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeersAndBriars

BeersAndBriars

Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:50 am

Greenleaf wrote:
itsKot wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:

That hefeweizen is great, but their dunkelweizen would be my favorite.

Sorry to hear that about Pennsylvania, Dallas just now made it legal to sell beer and wine throughout the city, but liquor is still only in restricted areas,. All the 'burbs have beer and wine, the suburb of Addison has it all. I'm lucky enough to live in walking distance of two different suburbs, and Addison is just a quick bus ride away.

Assuming you haven't already been, I'd like to suggest you fellers pay a visit to Rahr and Sons Brewing the next time you find yourselves in the Fort Worth area. Excellent ales and lagers. I just did a tour/tasting over xmas. Good stuff!

What are you drinking? - Page 10 Photo510
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SailorJack

SailorJack

Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Just had a couple of Woodford Reserve Bourbons. Lovely stuff!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeywillow

whiskeywillow

Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 pm

This evening I'm favoring White Russians - with vanilla vodka. Delicious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LV9

LV9

Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 am

Tullamore Dew 12 years old
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are you drinking?
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: