HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

What are you drinking?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

What are you drinking? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:33 pm

It's Manischewitz Concord Grape, four glasses' worth, for the Passover celebration. All the flavor of a jar of Welch's grape jelly, with a hangover that may have been the eleventh plague.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
TallSmoke

TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Just finished sipping on the 12-Year Doublewood by The Balvenie. So, so, so smooth. My favorite single malt scotch whiskey. Great with my pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 am

a card playin' night filled with Jack n' cokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:51 am

Old Whiskey River. Didn't realize it was so sweet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:06 pm

While on our mini vacation to the in-laws, most evenings (after everyone else was in bed) my brother-in law & I would go to his garage/workshop/smoking parlor and smoke & drink till morning. He is a cigerette smoker so I took him a variety of Natural American Spirit cigarettes (from a sampler I got from them a while back). I would bring a zipper baggy of pipe baccy and we would drink, smoke & talk politics etc.. He is also a beer drinker, not cheap domestics mind you, he likes European Ales etc... Well brothers, he had some stuff called 'La Fin Du Monde' (The End Of The World) which is 9% alc., it's a triple fermented golden ale. He proceeded to pop the cork (yes a cork) and pour us two glasses full, it took about five minutes for the head to settle, this stuff was thick, sweet & smooth; and after a couple of glasses I was buzzing, but damn the hangover was a killer, all day one. The next day I went out & found some Jim Beam Rye for myself; I let him have the ales from then on.
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:13 pm

That's the problem with carbonation EJ!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Old Granddad rocks, Solani Scotch Whiskey in a Rhodesian, playing Gin Rummy, listening to Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers,,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:21 pm

A tall dark mug of the darkest blend sumatra bean coffee you can get. Damn Strong!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:34 pm

last night started with Bushmills, then Glenlivet, then Bulmers Irish cider, then Glenfiddich, then a tall glass of Guinness and then the mattress. drunken Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 6:42 pm

SmokeyTweed wrote:
last night started with Bushmills, then Glenlivet, then Bulmers Irish cider, then Glenfiddich, then a tall glass of Guinness and then the mattress. drunken Sleep

lol! You awake yet? Had a couple of Fat Tires after working in the yard. Having a little wine with dinner and then a pour or two of George Dickel Barrel Select Tennessee Sour Mash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Just finishing a 1/2 pint jar of Old Crow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:45 am

Started with some Henessy. Some special edition that says 44th president on it. Then some Pabst. Then a Carta Blanca. now White Russians.

Man, there's a lot of gravity in here.... drunken
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Old Crow straight up in a 1/2 pint Mason jar. About as good as it gets and I have tried just about all of it!
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:56 pm

fortified elderberry wine,,,goes great with 30% walnut-50% carter hall- 20% christmas cookie,,, drunken drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 am

Water, but I think I'm still drunk from last night....
Back to top Go down
rick

rick

Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:14 am

Birthday Dinner at a local pub on Sat night included:
Red Stripe
Guinness
Aventinus
Young's Chocolate Stout

Then over to a tavern for a bucket of Teacher's Highland cream scotch and a game of shuffleboard.
Good times.

Last edited by rick on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 pm

The usual this evening!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:46 am

Justpipes wrote:
The usual this evening!

A little Old Crow helps one sleep doesen't it JP.

I had a bit of Jim Beam Rye that I picked up while at the beach a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:17 am

EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
The usual this evening!

A little Old Crow helps one sleep doesen't it JP.

Absolutely! About a 1/4 pint will make you sleep like a baby! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 pm

And I am going to sleep well tonight! I have to because when I get up in the morning it will be the beginning of a 24 hour stint!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am

Last night a bit of 90 proof Ezra Brooks, not bad, and I feel well rested this morning. sunny
Back to top Go down
paddy-boy

paddy-boy

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:59 pm

EJinVA wrote:
Last night a bit of 90 proof Ezra Brooks, not bad, and I feel well rested this morning. sunny
Sipping on Ezra Brooks my self right now.
I got a couple of handles last weekend in anticipation of the Derby on Sat.
Mint Juleps at my house yall
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:05 am

Yesterday afternoon, myself & several co-workers went for an afternoon happy hour at a new local micro brewery/restauraunt. I had their "Lunch Pail Ale" which is their version of a California Ale, WOW! very tasty, very fresh. Had to be the best brew I've ever had. I've never had a local made beer before and I was impressed. The delicious hamburger and fresh made chips just added to the experience. Here's their web site:
http://www.bullandbones.com/home.php
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Tecate Light with a twist. I'm watching my figure.
Back to top Go down
tranders

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you drinking?   What are you drinking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Goose Island's Honkers Ale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are you drinking?
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: