HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New breakthroughs in bacteria interaction.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: New breakthroughs in bacteria interaction.   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:34 pm

I found this talk extremely interesting even though I'm not much into molecular biology. Just the implications of this work seem to have endless applications.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/bonnie_bassler_on_how_bacteria_communicate.html

OK Mr. Pease, get to work on applying this to aging tobacco in the tin! Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New breakthroughs in bacteria interaction.   Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Being on dialup I followed this link to a text synopsis-- Dialup link

I found this interesting--
"Bassler teaches molecular biology at Princeton, where she continues her years-long study of V. harveyi, one such social microbe that is mainly responsible for glow-in-the-dark sushi."

Jim...not a sushi lover
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: New breakthroughs in bacteria interaction.   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:33 pm

amazing,,she's a gifted speaker,,,and it all makes sense,,,,thanks for posting,,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New breakthroughs in bacteria interaction.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1