HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill   Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:21 pm

For those who don't know, Stephen Hawking is one of the greatest theoretical physicists in the world. I do hope he pulls through, my mother-in-law died of ASL some years ago.

His contributions to humanity are rarely equaled ... Godspeed Professor Hawking!

Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill   Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Very sad indeed. Amazing man for sure.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

PostSubject: Re: Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill   Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:48 pm

It is amazing to see him, such a frail body but a mind full of such intellect.
Back to top Go down
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill   Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:13 pm

EJinVA wrote:
It is amazing to see him, such a frail body but a mind full of such intellect.

Sadly, that's the way of ALS, it robs you of everything, yet leaves you alert, awake and fully aware of all that you've lost ... Stephen has given the ALS community so much hope, as it generally kills in 18 months to 5 years!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill   Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:02 pm

kilted1 wrote:
Sadly, that's the way of ALS, it robs you of everything, yet leaves you alert, awake and fully aware of all that you've lost ... Stephen has given the ALS community so much hope, as it generally kills in 18 months to 5 years!
In addition to his great contributions to scientific knowledge, I believe that Dr. Hawking has generously arranged for posthumous research on his body so science can pursue what gave him such resilience against ALS. Even having passed the Great Singularity, he'll be helping science and those living with ALS.

Of course, I wish him quick recovery and hope that day holds off a while longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill   Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Sad news. All the best for him!

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sad News: Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1