HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Summer!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HistoryMajor

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Summer!!!   Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:33 pm

I just thought I'd share my exhilaration! I just handed in my last essay/final assignment, finishing off my second year, and I'm now completely free for three months. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Very cool!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:28 pm

You will NOT be free,,it's just an illusion,,,you will be hounded by PAD and TAD,,, lol!

Congratulations on finishing your second year,,,an accomplishment to be proud of,,,, cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Nothing likie a little free time on your hands. Any big plans for the next few months?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Way to go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Cruiser

Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Very good! I remember those days and it's a cool feeling. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 pm

cheers Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 11:59 am

Yesssssss!!!!!!! cheers

Student's often forget that teachers look forward to it probably more than they do!

However, if I don't teach Summer School and run work shops, I have to go three months without a pay check. And if I don't publish and write grants during the summer, I could loose my job.

But hey, it's summer, the streams are up, my canoe is calling, and the ice on the lakes of Isle Royal should be off by next week, so here I come.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 12:06 pm

TallSmoke wrote:
Nothing likie a little free time on your hands. Any big plans for the next few months?

Hey Tallsmoke, here's a questions for ya: that's definitely a fly rod in your hand; is that a bait can on your belt Shocked ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Well-done, Mr. Major! I still have a week left, but it's on the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Idlefellow wrote:
TallSmoke wrote:

Hey Tallsmoke, here's a questions for ya: that's definitely a fly rod in your hand; is that a bait can on your belt Shocked ?

It sure is. I alternate between dry flies and live small minnows. If the dry flies aren't working I rig a live minnow to a Joe's Fly. Trout absolutely cannot resist it. I often see 3-4 trout going after it in a race. The bad thing is most of the time I get my daily limit in an hour when I want to fish all day. (gotta shake the small ones off sometimes!) It's that good of a combo.

The rig only works in moving water. It does very well in quick water by a pool or running by or even under a log or brush. Freakish how they love the action it presents. It's fun to watch someone plug a hole or drift a few flies in, give up, then watch me land 1-2 while climbing back up the hill. That happens all the time.

I could rig it probably just as easy on a spinning rod, but I enjoy the sport and thrill of the fly rod. Slack up one bit or move the rod just the wrong way and you lose the trout. Dry fly purists might not like it, but I love fresh trout on the fire by the stream in camp too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
kilted1
Great Scot!

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 12:39 pm

TallSmoke wrote:
Idlefellow wrote:
TallSmoke wrote:

It sure is. I alternate between dry flies and live small minnows. If the dry flies aren't working I rig a live minnow to a Joe's Fly. Trout absolutely cannot resist it. I often see 3-4 trout going after it in a race. The bad thing is most of the time I get my daily limit in an hour when I want to fish all day. (gotta shake the small ones off sometimes!) It's that good of a combo.

The rig only works in moving water. It does very well in quick water by a pool or running by or even under a log or brush. Freakish how they love the action it presents. It's fun to watch someone plug a hole or drift a few flies in, give up, then watch me land 1-2 while climbing back up the hill. That happens all the time.

I could rig it probably just as easy on a spinning rod, but I enjoy the sport and thrill of the fly rod. Slack up one bit or move the rod just the wrong way and you lose the trout. Dry fly purists might not like it, but I love fresh trout on the fire by the stream in camp too much.

Yeah, I'd shake my head in disapproval at your methods, (secretly hoping you caught enough to share) affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Congrats HM! We are still a bit on the far side of midterms here, then on to the summer semester, I'm gonna attend full time until I'm done, no breaks. My brain will be mesh by then but I've gotta 'get 'r done'. Enjoy your summer cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 1:18 pm

TallSmoke wrote:
Idlefellow wrote:
TallSmoke wrote:

My dad baitfished with a fly rod all the time, carried live minnows & nightcrawlers, whatever wold get the job done. He loved the feel and play of the fly rod but the odds of live bait. No fly fishing purist around here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 1:19 pm

HistoryMajor wrote:
I just thought I'd share my exhilaration! I just handed in my last essay/final assignment, finishing off my second year, and I'm now completely free for three months. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hist. Maj.,
What are your plans for the summer?
Back to top Go down
the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 1:31 pm

I heard he is going out to the dessert to cover the Mint 400!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 1:49 pm

EJinVA wrote:

Hist. Maj.,
What are your plans for the summer?

He's going to drop over to my place and do a little trading... cheers

Congrats HistoryMajor cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 4:40 pm

TallSmoke wrote:
It sure is. I alternate between dry flies and live small minnows. If the dry flies aren't working I rig a live minnow to a Joe's Fly.

At least it ain't a worm!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HistoryMajor

PostSubject: Re: Summer!!!   Fri May 01, 2009 5:23 pm

TallSmoke wrote:
Not too much. Working as much as I can for the first couple months. In July, I'll be working at the Edmonton International Street Performers Festival, and then right after that I'm taking a week off work to go relax in Las Vegas. I'm going with my girlfriend, another couple and two other friends. Lots of nice weather, sitting by the pool and relaxing I hope. Very Happy
Quote :
He's going to drop over to my place and do a little trading...
Yep, doing that too. My summer's been off to a good start in terms of smoking, and I hope it only gets better! Very Happy

Quote :
Congrats HM! We are still a bit on the far side of midterms here, then on to the summer semester, I'm gonna attend full time until I'm done, no breaks. My brain will be mesh by then but I've gotta 'get 'r done'.
Best of luck with the rest of your term!

Quote :
I heard he is going out to the dessert to cover the Mint 400!
I didn't catch that reference at first! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Summer!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: