HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would You Be Interested In A BoB's Meet Up In Chi'town?
Yes
94%
 94% [ 30 ]
No
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sat May 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Ok folks,

Not being in Chicago this year has really got me bummed out. Mad The thing that really bothers me is that ya' never know when it will be the last year for the show! Frank Burla is no spring chicken and close friends associated with the club tell me that it'll be over after Frank decides to throw in the towel on it. No one has the time and resources to do all he does! This much is certain. Much like the late Tom Dunn, there's only one Frank!

I was thinking that next year as many of us as possible should go and meet up there. I'm thinking us "BoBers" should plan to have a special dinner on the Friday night before the show. How much of a blast would this be! I know it's a loooooooong way off but giving folks one year to make preperations and save money would be beneficial to all of us I think.

What say you all? If we do decide to do this, how many of you fine folks think you could/would be able to attend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sat May 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Starting to save my pennies for next year, Dock. I do hope to be there and look forward to meeting up with other BoBers!

Lou, NY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sat May 02, 2009 6:53 pm

An outstanding idea! I spent 23 years in Chicago and in many ways still consider it home. IMHO it is the finest city in the world. Add to that a chance to meet and spend some time with the BoB makes this a must be there event. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sat May 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Of course,since I live 12 miles from the show I'm up for it. Cool

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sat May 02, 2009 9:33 pm

One of the popular American pipe carvers was telling me today that next year is the last year for the current contract. But that a new 3 year contract was going to be signed this weekend or very soon for an additional 3 years. So, looking good for at least 4 more years at the same location. Very Happy

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richmondesi

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sat May 02, 2009 10:58 pm

I was planning on going this year, but I already had two trips planned for the summer so I had to cancel... I'm in
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 04, 2009 9:00 am

I've never been to Chi-car-go, I'll say let's do it.
Great idea Dock cheers .
I'm gonna set up an empty tin to start saving coins.
Back to top Go down
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 am

I wouldn't mind getting up there. I haven't been to Chicago since 1980 when I was 10. Maybe I can get JustPipes and Ol'Dawg to carpool/road trip with me. And anyone else who would want to ride up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Well it seems settled business then. The "BoB's Summit" will be!

As soon as Frank posts the dates of the 2010 show I will post them here. I will also in time post all of the hotel information and directions from the airport to Pheasant Run. We'll also need numbers of taxi cab companies in Chicago. Perhaps some of us can carpool up from the airport. We'll use this thread for further announcements and such. Stay tuned and start saving your $$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 04, 2009 4:08 pm

The 2010 show is scheduled for May 1st and 2nd 2010
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry292

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 04, 2009 4:24 pm

The Chicago Show has been on my "bucket' list for years. Maybe 2010 will finally be the year.
Terry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Great idea!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Chicago or dottle!   Tue May 05, 2009 12:10 am

I had hoped to get there this year, it would have been my first pipe show. Now I hope to make Columbus in August.
But this year has been like the Al Capp character who was followed around by that black cloud of bad luck. I had a reaction to a prescription drug that now I am just about recovered from (four months later), and we had major repairs to the roof, furnace, water heater, and car.
So no Chicago, this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olivier

Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 18, 2009 3:30 am

I would love to but the US govt. don't want me there (long story, probably 9/11 paranoia). They declined my visa application to exhibit at a knifeshow in 2004 AND had the audacity to tell me not to try again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mycroft

Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 pm

Regarding taxi cabs to the show, I rented a Ford Fusion at Budget for 2 days and it cost me $46 -- I suspect that's a lot cheaper than cabs. Getting to Phesant Run from the airport is really easy. I can get lost going in a straight line but I managed to get there with no problem, it took me about 45 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Okay... has anyone entered the golf tournament there? My son is interested if there is golf. We'd drive from Edmonton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 am

Slow Puffs wrote:
Okay... has anyone entered the golf tournament there? My son is interested if there is golf. We'd drive from Edmonton.

I had thought about it in the past. The course, or courses. Not sure how many they have. Is right there. You can see it from the windows and you can park right next to it at the resort. Beautiful place.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthony

Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:18 pm

I'd be interested in attending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Sounds like a another good excuse to make it to the show...

I will make every attempt to attend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Wish I could, but that's the weekend before finals, a real rushed time in my life. Love Chicago, great Blues, food, and museums.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:23 am

Isn't it against the BOB bylaws to meet without Natch being there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:54 am

I put it in my calendar last night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Be thinking about it people. It's really not that far away. sunny

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I will be there Wednesday though Saturday, and maybe Sunday to midday. I am planning on being there for the pipe making seminar! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???   Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Room Rates at Pheasant Run. Lots of variations. Discounts make a difference. I did mine online used the "paid 21 days ahead" discount. That was a better rate than the AAA rate, or the show rate. Mine will actually cost me $124.25 a night including the taxes and resort fees. That's a Courtyard King. Add about $15 or so if you want the Golf wing. Not sure about the Tower.

If you wait longer it will probably cost you more. But then, everyone works their own deals. I didn't bother trying to argue the taxes or resort fees.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

This Year In Chicago! "The BoB's Summit"???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next