HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

mecum auctions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: mecum auctions   Sun May 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Flat out downpour yesterday afternoon,,,,stuck inside and watched the Mecum auto auction on TV featuring muscle cars,,,brought back a lot of memories,,,loaded up the pipe and spent an enjoyable afternoon enjoying tobacco and marveling at the prices these street machines are bringing. In the neighborhood of $400,000 for a hemicuda,,,,,yet some GM classics were going for less than you now pay for a new car. If I had only known the Camaro RS/SS I swapped in would someday be worth all the tea in China,,,,,and why didn't I hang on to that 64 chevy impala 409 4 speed,,,,the 67 GTO with the tri power,,,I'm sure some of the brothers here wish they would have kept a few of their cars,,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: mecum auctions   Sun May 17, 2009 4:52 pm

mark wrote:
Flat out downpour yesterday afternoon,,,,stuck inside and watched the Mecum auto auction on TV featuring muscle cars,,,brought back a lot of memories,,,loaded up the pipe and spent an enjoyable afternoon enjoying tobacco and marveling at the prices these street machines are bringing. In the neighborhood of $400,000 for a hemicuda,,,,,yet some GM classics were going for less than you now pay for a new car. If I had only known the Camaro RS/SS I swapped in would someday be worth all the tea in China,,,,,and why didn't I hang on to that 64 chevy impala 409 4 speed,,,,the 67 GTO with the tri power,,,I'm sure some of the brothers here wish they would have kept a few of their cars,,,,

1969 Chevy Impala with a 327 engine
1972 Super Beetle
1963 Chevy C - 10 PU 6 banger wooden bed

None of them are probably considered collectibles but doubtless worth more than I had in them.

While in the Air Force, I had a buddy who was rebuilding his 426 Max Wedge to go into his 1970 (?) Road Runner, wonder what that beast would go for these days?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

mecum auctions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1