HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB''er!   Mon May 18, 2009 11:06 pm

So today I arrive home to find a big ol' box w/ a tag from a familiar name and address. When I open it up I'm absolutely dumbstruck to find damn near a pound of Dunhill's #965 as well as a book, Peter Stokkebye's "The Life & Good Times of A Tobacco Man" one that I've really wanted to read! Our own robertw1249 was behind this particular caper! I've smoked three bowls of 965 tonight and it's just how I remember it. Folks here don't know it but I actually smoked this stuff exclusively for years before Navy Flake. It was like a nice stroll down memory lane! So many recolections of a simpler time. Just amazing!

I've said it once but I'm gonna say it again damnit! The folks here are just plain AWESOME! It's an honor to be among such gentlemen!

Rob,
Thank you my friend. You absolutely made my day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
robertw1249

Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Mon May 18, 2009 11:13 pm

its no problem dock im just glad you enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Mon May 18, 2009 11:16 pm

That book is awesome man. It tells about Peter's tobacco endeavers, but also has alot of history about the region.

One of my favorite parts in the book is when he forms a club. To join, you have to have had a million dollars, lost it all, then made it back.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Mon May 18, 2009 11:21 pm

I'm pretty sure I've met the first two qualifications for that club... Don't see that I'll ever meet the 3rd one. Very Happy

Rob that was cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Mon May 18, 2009 11:31 pm

Good show, Rob!

Great bunch we got here, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Tue May 19, 2009 8:15 am

Way to go Rob! cheers
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Wed May 20, 2009 10:27 am

Awesome Robert!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Wed May 20, 2009 11:07 am

Love these stories. Good show!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Wed May 20, 2009 9:13 pm

I'll second the attaboy for Robert cheers He and I exchanged samples. I told him to just send enough Carter Hall for a couple of bowls so I could get a handle on it - he sent about 1/4 pound Shocked

And it's pretty good! I'll be smoking it all week at work, review to follow..........

robertw1249

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Wed May 20, 2009 10:21 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
I'll second the attaboy for Robert cheers He and I exchanged samples. I told him to just send enough Carter Hall for a couple of bowls so I could get a handle on it - he sent about 1/4 pound Shocked

And it's pretty good! I'll be smoking it all week at work, review to follow..........

all i did was grab the smallest bag i had and put a few had fulls in and thats my story and im sticking to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Wed May 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Another great highlight for the forum,,, cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
robertw1249

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!   Thu May 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:

i just got puffs sample to day and i was like dam he sent me four samples he sent me a lot more than i sent him you have to give attaboy to puff to like dock said there is a great bunch of guys here and thats what pipe smoking is all about good friends and good tobacco and good pipes can life get any better than that
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Yet Another Generous Gift From A BoB'er!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1