HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky

Go down 
AuthorMessage
N7COF

N7COF

Registration date : 2009-04-05

Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky Empty
PostSubject: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:49 am

The videos that were in this post are no longer after YT channel got hacked & hard drive crash.

Last edited by N7COF on Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:30 am

Interesting!
I found that when drinking Scotch I have a craving for Squadron Leader.
Back to top Go down
Tennessee Dave

Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:51 am

I love Haddo's Delight and Highland Park 18. Just seems to be one of those ethereal matches. bounce
Back to top Go down
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:20 am

I tend to stick with beer and wine when pairing alcohol with tobacco. IMO hard liquor tends to overpower pipe tobacco and is generally reserved for cigar pairing. Here are some of my fave pairings.

Pipeworks & Wilke 10 & Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour - the wonderful mix
of orientals in #10 compliment the sweet and sour/vinegary notes in
the Flemish sour. Both are also light in body and flavor!

McClelland #27 & Dogfish Head 90 min IPA - the tanginess of #27 works
extremely well with the hoppy 90 min IP. There is also a slight
malt backbone in the finish with the 90 min that compliments
the slightly sweet finish of #27. A good summertime pairing!

HH Vintage Syrian & Taylor Fladgate 20 yr - this is a match made in
heaven! Smokiness, sweetness, and complex flavors meld together
and play off one another. JW Lees Harvest Ale (Port Cask Aged) alsp works
wonderfully.

GLP Abingdon & Stone Imperial Russian Stout - a stout tobacco meets
a stout beer. This is a nice combo to enjoy on a cold winter's night!

Hope you enjoy and try these recommendations. This is a topic that should be explored more in depth. Cigar/spirits pairings are quite common on the Internet, but pipe tobacco pairings have not yet been researched to their capacity!

-Scott
Back to top Go down
N7COF

N7COF

PostSubject: Best Pairing Ever   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:26 am

Friend and I while wasting a perfectly good afternoon doing a cigar lounge crawl discovered what is a pipesmokers nirvana, well at least for us Cool

I had a tin of Escudo I had just grabbed out of the cellar & he had a flask of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

While not a big fan of blue label when its paired with Escudo it is such an amazing pairing it will make your panties sticky.
Back to top Go down
gonefishing

gonefishing

Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:10 am

N7COF wrote:
Friend and I while wasting a perfectly good afternoon doing a cigar lounge crawl discovered what is a pipesmokers nirvana, well at least for us Cool

I had a tin of Escudo I had just grabbed out of the cellar & he had a flask of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

While not a big fan of blue label when its paired with Escudo it is such an amazing pairing it will make your ]b]panties sticky[/b].

You have other problems that need attention Laughing
Back to top Go down
N7COF

N7COF

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:46 am

gonefishing wrote:
N7COF wrote:

While not a big fan of blue label when its paired with Escudo it is such an amazing pairing it will make your ]b]panties sticky[/b].

You have other problems that need attention Laughing

LOL wonder how long before a fellow of the briar would comment on that, really just an expression of twisted bliss.
Back to top Go down
Anders And

Anders And

Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:49 am

When smoking Peterson’s Irish Flake, I often enjoy it with a glass of red (Nero D’Avola from Sicily).

Tennessee Dave wrote:
I love Haddo's Delight and Highland Park 18. Just seems to be one of those ethereal matches. bounce
Nice choice, Highland Park 18 is one of my top favourite whiskies. cheers
Back to top Go down
benmarcum

benmarcum

Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:42 am

maybe i am just a Kentucky boy...but i find Makers Mark goes well with every pipe i smoke What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.cobaltspiderwebdesign.com
the macdonald

the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky   Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:28 pm

I really thought I had something to add here, but I like to drink and I like to smoke. Putting them together just makes sense.

I will say a potent latakia bomb with a firey cognac like Kelt VSOP is nearly sensory overload.

Back to top Go down

Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: