HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Strangeness in California

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:09 am

Yeah, I know, there's no shortage of that Laughing But this time it's the weather I'm talkin about. It's almost 1 am, I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring - or not ring. It's almost time to go to work, we have a big industrial night pour (concrete) tonight and outside my window there's thunder and lightning and the rain is coming down in buckets. This is neither normal for June in california nor conducive to pouring concrete, anywhere. Very strange. Been goofy for a week, the weather here. Global warming? Natural shift in the tilt of the earths axis? Aliens seeding the clouds? I dunno, maybe I'll tune in Art Bell and see what he says. Fifteen more minutes and I'm driving the 20 miles to the plant and from there a deadhead thirty some miles north to another plant, all probably for nothing if this doesn't let up real soon. But, at least if they don't call me to cancel before I leave the house it's 8 hours pay. Maybe I'll get paid to go golfing in the rain. Lightning and boom pumps don't mix any better than man standing in open field with steel club in his hand though. Maybe I'll just take a nap on the clock Wink One things for sure, I've already had enough coffee to keep me up all night so if the dispatcher does call and cancel, I'll be sittin here, staring at the screen......... Suspect

kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:19 am

Strangeness in California Question

NO WAY Laughing

Enjoy your day off golfing in the rain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:23 am

Well, left for work heading west on US 50 towards downtown Sacramento. There was a break in the clouds where a bright orange moon loomed directly in front of me with lightning racing across the sky on either side. Very cool stuff! Got halfway to work and the cell phone rings. Job canceled, stay home. Drove on in anyhow to claim 2 hours show up pay. If you actually make it there and turn the key before they call and cancel it's a guaranteed 8 hours, they get you before that and it's 2 hours. A bunch of us went to Denny's and had a 2 am breakfast, then stood in the parking lot watching the lightning show for a while. I can't remember ever seeing anything like this here in the summer. Sometimes in early fall a remnant from a monsoon will work it's way up from the sea of Cortez through the desert states and into the Sierra Nevada range where it'll dump over into the great central valley, but this kind of electrical storm at this time of year is truly weird.

Think I'll pass on the golf, I don't want to end up like the priest on Caddyshack who got zapped on the 18th green while cursing in a thunderstorm. My game is so bad that cursing is the normal manner of speech, can't see risking it Laughing

Waiting for the caffeine to wear off............

TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:38 am

I lived in LA for a couple of years. Was there for Rodney King riots, earthquakes, floods, etc.

California is not a state. It's a state of mind. I visited again a few years ago. A friend had a nice beachfront place near San Diego. Although a nice place for someone who hasn't been there to visit, I don't plan on ever going back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:28 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
This is neither normal for June in california nor conducive to pouring concrete, anywhere. Very strange. Been goofy for a week, the weather here. Global warming? Natural shift in the tilt of the earths axis? Aliens seeding the clouds? I dunno

It is weather manipulation being conducted at the direction of Barack Obama by his new weather "czar" in order to further erode the California economy, so California can be declared the first state completely taken over by the Obama regime.

Obama’s weather czar: Goodbye, thermostat control. Hello, “climate geoengineering”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:51 am

The weather on the East Coast has been more stormy than normal as well. After a three year drought our water tables had been going down, but this year we've had an over-abundace of rain, I think the local weather station said we are over three inches above normal (and that was a week ago, we had another inch last night).
I do design work for a custom home builder and I know we've had many delays, especially for concrete pours, one job in particular had to have the footing trenches redug several times because heavy rain caused the ditch to give way, this usually means hand digging, removing the rebar, cleaning it, reinstalling it and hoping it doesent rain again by the time the concrete truck comes.
I've been trying to get hay cut on my property for several weeks but can't get the three days of clear weather required to do it. But, thats just the way things are. Can't control it, so don't worry bout it (that's what I keep telling myself anyway).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:53 am

Justpipes wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:
This is neither normal for June in california nor conducive to pouring concrete, anywhere. Very strange. Been goofy for a week, the weather here. Global warming? Natural shift in the tilt of the earths axis? Aliens seeding the clouds? I dunno

It is weather manipulation being conducted at the direction of Barack Obama by his new weather "czar" in order to further erode the California economy, so California can be declared the first state completely taken over by the Obama regime.

Obama’s weather czar: Goodbye, thermostat control. Hello, “climate geoengineering”

Dang Jp I thought I was a conspiracy theorist. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:06 am

Justpipes wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:

I guess if you had to take over a state completely you would want to do it in the friendliest of territories. He'll be heading for the northeast USA next, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 am

Well, at least JP is there to calm my fears by quenching the fires of hysteria with reason Laughing And here I thought it might be aliens. Turns out my notion was too conservative, it's actually a plot by the left to subvert and control by summoning the rain demons in order to counter growth at an inopportune moment. I wonder if the unions will move against the administration for creating a loss of work for the members.

I'm gonna put some Teamsters stickers on my tinfoil hat and get me a picket sign! cyclops lol!

Saw a statistic on the morning news. We average .3 days (that's 3 tenths of a day) of thunderstorms in june, we're looking at this being a 3 day stretch (more predicted for tonight). The record is 2 days for june with an average of only 4 days per year for electrical storms in our region. A strange occurrence indeed!

Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 am

EJinVA wrote:
The weather on the East Coast has been more stormy than normal as well. After a three year drought our water tables had been going down, but this year we've had an over-abundace of rain, I think the local weather station said we are over three inches above normal (and that was a week ago, we had another inch last night).
I do design work for a custom home builder and I know we've had many delays, especially for concrete pours, one job in particular had to have the footing trenches redug several times because heavy rain caused the ditch to give way, this usually means hand digging, removing the rebar, cleaning it, reinstalling it and hoping it doesent rain again by the time the concrete truck comes.
I've been trying to get hay cut on my property for several weeks but can't get the three days of clear weather required to do it. But, thats just the way things are. Can't control it, so don't worry bout it (that's what I keep telling myself anyway).

Obama is specifically targeting "isolationist" like yourself who try to be self sustaining. I am sure that he has you on the Homeland Security domestic terrorist watchlist and they are manipulating the weather around you mountian folks to make it as difficult as possible on you. The last thing they want to see you do is get that hey in and not have to purchase that government subsidized stuff! Remember Ruby Ridge! Shocked Smile Laughing Smile Laughing Smile
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:47 am

EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:

Dang Jp I thought I was a conspiracy theorist. Shocked

lol! lol! lol!

I was waiting on that one! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
Well, at least JP is there to calm my fears by quenching the fires of hysteria with reason Laughing And here I thought it might be aliens. Turns out my notion was too conservative, it's actually a plot by the left to subvert and control by summoning the rain demons in order to counter growth at an inopportune moment. I wonder if the unions will move against the administration for creating a loss of work for the members.

I'm gonna put some Teamsters stickers on my tinfoil hat and get me a picket sign! cyclops lol!

Saw a statistic on the morning news. We average .3 days (that's 3 tenths of a day) of thunderstorms in june, we're looking at this being a 3 day stretch (more predicted for tonight). The record is 2 days for june with an average of only 4 days per year for electrical storms in our region. A strange occurrence indeed!

My suspicion is that the Teamsters are in on it as well, partnering with Obama for their cut just like the Auto Workers Union did with the GM takeover! Shocked

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:17 pm

We've been having really weird weather in WA as well. Record breaking heat, or at least extremely rare for here. Hell it was 70 degrees by 7 am. That never happens here.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
robertw1249

Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:05 pm

hi all yeah my mom said there have been some wild stroms in california where she lives at here work a tree got hit my lightning and two people got killed by lightning not far from where she lives
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm

jhuggett wrote:
We've been having really weird weather in WA as well. Record breaking heat, or at least extremely rare for here. Hell it was 70 degrees by 7 am. That never happens here.

Well, what do you expect what with all them coffee houses and that weird music com'n out of them neck of the woods? Obama's got his eyes on you fellows out there too! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Justpipes wrote:
jhuggett wrote:

Well, what do you expect what with all them coffee houses and that weird music com'n out of them neck of the woods? Obama's got his eyes on you fellows out there too! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

So, JP your saying that big bro is watching afro ?
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:42 pm

EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
jhuggett wrote:

So, JP your saying that big bro is watching afro ?

Now I didn't say that! Don't go put'n words in my mouth! You draw your on conclusions!

Did ya git that hay in yet???!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm

HUNGARIAN WITCHES & WARLOCKS

Of the priests and priestesses who are often associated with the devil today, two stand out. The priest of magic which today is associated with black magic was called garabonciás in Hungarian. At times he was a student in some "college" and studied his black arts there. Yet this association was probably more from European influence since the term comes from the east from the term Karapan or Karaban. (note Kara=black in Turkic) Originally he wasn’t just the practitioner of black magic but dealt with magic related to controlling the weather and in predicting the future. References to such priests in the Inquisition trials of men famous for this art often denied making weather changes and just admitted to making predictions. That is they were good at reading the natural signs which indicated weather changes. Even in modern times there are many old Hungarian farmers who have an uncanny ability to predict the weather based on the behavior of animals and sky patterns, which the average man seems totally oblivious to and finds incomprehensible. They use the flight of birds, wind and everything in nature to predict weather and are very accurate.

Old News

Maybe Obama is in league with the devil:

Does Satan have the power to control the weather?

lol!

My search string on google was 'those devils are controlling the weather' in case anyone wants to research further Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:09 am

Justpipes wrote:

Nope! You typically need 2-3 dry, sunny days to allow the hay time to dry enough to bale, otherwise it gets moldy inside and is worthless. Patience man, patience (to myself). We've had three inches of rain in the last 48 hours with more forcast today, it's supposed to dry out tomorrow and sunday, so we'll see if we can get it done this weekend.

Last edited by EJinVA on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected misspelling)
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm

EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:

Nope! You typically need 2-3 dry, sunny days to allow the hay time to dry enough to bale, otherwise it gets moldy inside and is worthless. Patience man, patience (to myself). We've had three inches of rain in the last 48 hours with more forcast today, it's supposed to dry out tomorrow and sunday, so we'll see if we can get it done this weekend.

I have slung many a 50# bail up on the truck and into the loft! Very Happy Do you have a PTO operated bailer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strangeness in California   Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:49 pm

Justpipes wrote:
EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:

I have slung many a 50# bail up on the truck and into the loft! Very Happy Do you have a PTO operated bailer?

Actually it's my brothers baler(PTO powered), all the hay equipment(cutter, tetter, rake & baler) is his, we use my tractor for the baler as it has the most power. He has a couple of old Ford tractors to run the other stuff.
Back to top Go down

Strangeness in California
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: