HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

FUn at the USPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Well, I got an email from a dude about a pipe I had purchased over a month ago that I had forgotten. I told him I didn't have it. So he gives me the confirmation number. I went and was there for 45 minutes while they searched for my package. They told me they thought it was returned because I hadn't claimed it with in 15 days. I asked for proof and they gave me a printout saying that a notice had been left, but didn't say anything about being returned.

So I'm reading the USPS website:
If this item is unclaimed after 30 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information,

So if they returned it, they broke this rule. I don't think they did because they couldn't show me any proof. So, my question to you guys, other than call the supervisor and waste another 45 minutes of my life:

What do I do next?
Back to top Go down
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Send me a PM,maybe I can help.

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:10 pm

If Winslow can't help than it's time for this:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Great news, my pipe was returned to Turkey. The dude is an outstanding fella and offered to reship it free to me. I asked him to hold it and ship it when I buy something else from him, so that he doesn't have to pocket the cost.

So...

The USPS registered mail system doesn't work since it still shows my pipe sitting at my local post office.

Second. no one locally was willing to help me.

Third, according to the USPS website, they must hold my pipe for 30 days and make 3 delivery attempts. Forrest made one, and 30 days would have been next week.

I believe I figured out what happened though: Forrest returned the pipe without scanning it; thus, the DL will show it sitting there at the post office. If I was a jerk, I would continue to show up with my printouts showing that the pipe is sitting there.

At least I am getting some satisfaction when the delivery guy walks up to the house and I am standing there with my arms crossed. If he is ever constipated, he's not any more...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:36 pm

One good thing did come out of this; I made a Turkish friend. This almost stops the smoke coming out of my ears.
Back to top Go down
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Texas Outlaw wrote:
One good thing did come out of this; I made a Turkish friend. This almost stops the smoke coming out of my ears.

Please have your Turkish friend send some Turkish coffee cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:54 pm

I usally am reluctant to say I work for the USPS because then people want to
tell me about the package they sent their Mother last Xmas that never got
there,the bill they sent that never arrived,ect.,ect.So I say I work for the U.S.
Government and I can't tell you what I do.
When one of my friends, [like Texas Outlaw],loses track of a package I step up
and see to it that he gets satisfaction.I can't tell you all the strings I pulled to
get that pipe where it was supposed to go. Surprised

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Good show, Winslow -- way to pull through for a Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 pm

I'm one of those who doesn't have a "Postal horror story."
I've always had pretty good local POs, especially now.
A few years ago, my daughter sent us a post card
from Europe. She forgot to write the address,
only my name and city. I got it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: FUn at the USPS   Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:39 pm

well despite the money in paying for registered mail and the possible loss of a package. The main thing I couldn't stand is having these guys shrug their shoulders at me. That and the supervisor telling me he was going to call me back and doesnt.

I can respect something like, we're really sorry but we lost it. I would have probably let it go.

I think Winslowe was trying to say they accidentally shipped it to New York...

So registered mail doesn't offer any protection than delivery confirmation huh? Or was I supposed to file a claim and no one was willing to inform me of this?

Also, I don't stereotype all postal workers. The lady before Forrest had something similar happen, but she fessed up: basically told me I left the notice, returned it to the post office for you to pick it up, and it was gone from there. I thanked her, slapped her on the back (well kinda the back), and said no problem. I know shit happens.

We came up with a system. She would leave the notice, I signed it and left it for her, and she would just leave the package in my mailbox or inside my screen door. We decided this was safer than taking it to the post office where packages go to die.

The day she moved to Houston, my heart sunk. Someone in the metro area is getting great postal service...
Back to top Go down

FUn at the USPS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: