HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pondering

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Pondering   Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:32 pm

Now that's a pipe! Cool

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Pondering   Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 am

All i can say on the subject of Pete's is that i know my grandfather smoked peterson's and my grandmother used Tide to get her whites whiter.

So even if i find that Peterson's isn't that great I know that it can't be that bad. As for the Tide...top notch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Pondering   Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:39 pm

I own three Petes and very much like them all. They are very good smokers, have a classic and distinct look, and have a rich history/pedigree. Regarding the "educated palate" debate... discussing one's experience with tobacco pipes, pipe tobacco, wine, and even cheese burgers, is highly subjective... it would seem to me, ideally (ha!) that when one describes their experience/observation/opinion, that they are speaking to THEIR experience... not coming from a didactic stance, but more of a field report on what their own personal experience has shown them. And most people here seem to do just that.

At any rate, I like Peterson pipes, and my personal palate is far from sophisticated; I just know what I like. As for laundry detergent... All Temperature Cheer is clearly the best! Very Happy Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eulenburg

Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Pondering   Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Quote :
He doesn't need yours.

Fact.

He has his.

Exactly. And vice-versa. I have mine, I don't need his. That was my point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Pondering   Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:47 pm

I have 3 Petes, a pre-republic 312, a Patent era with an amber stem, and a Deluxe 20s. I love them all. I am presently fighting off the desire to purchase a 02s Deluxe. I love these pipes and always look forward to smoking them. As was mentioned flakes and twist just sing in these pipes especially Virginias. I also have 3 Kaywoodies. One is a handmade and the other 2 are just standard stock. While they smoke OK I would not place them in the same class as my Petes. I recognize that my KW's are not the "older" ones while 2 of my Petes are but the smoke is just so superior in the Petes. Of course YMMV. I mean some people even like a tobacco called Walnut of all things. Shocked Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pondering
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2