HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Secondhandwolf

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 am

Several of you negatively reviewed any Colibri lighter. What about a Lotus 11 pipe lighter. It seems similar in design and price.

Many thanks,

Secondhandwolf
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Secondhandwolf wrote:
Several of you negatively reviewed any Colibri lighter. What about a Lotus 11 pipe lighter. It seems similar in design and price.

Many thanks,

Secondhandwolf

Hey buddy,
I've owned one. And had it for many years, trouble free. I believe it was stolen in a bar, and I could not find another one locally. I went with my first colibri which lasted less than a month. I could not get it reparied because they wanted the original receipt box, and a blood sample. So I threw it away. I've been dumb enough to buy more colibris mainly because that's all that was available locally at the time ( I didn't know about Internet shopping yet).

I digress. My Lotus gave me no trouble, but I've only had one. It was nice enough that someone stole it.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:35 pm

I have one, and I like it a lot for indoor use. Good adjustable flame that goes where you point it.

Outside, the piezo ignition always had a hard time sparking in the slightest breeze. But that happens often with piezos, in my experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Secondhandwolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:25 am

Is the flint system of sparking a bit better in a breeze than the piezo? Is there another sparking system that would be better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:39 am

In my (limited) experience, flint is a little better for lighting a butane stream outdoors. Side-by-side, my Corona Oldboy [flint] will light more reliably than my Corona Pipemaster [piezo].

A Zippo is the champion for outdoor lighting, but it's a different beast with its flint+wick arrangement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:48 am

Flint is just better all around. The problem with the other ignition systems is that they are usually what goes bad in a lighter. For a flint lighter, just replace the flint.

The problem I am having with my Old Boy is that the gnarling on the flint striker has worn off some and it doesn't always cause a spark. Not sure what to do about this. May have to send it in for repair.

The Pipemasters are cool lighters, but I don't trust that ignition system. Think I'll get a pipe magie for my next lighter.
Back to top Go down
Secondhandwolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Gentlemen . . . I appreciate your insights and experience. Think I'll go with an Xikar Pipeline for now and put an Old Boy on my Christmas list.

Best wishes,

Secondhandwolf
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Secondhandwolf wrote:
Gentlemen . . . I appreciate your insights and experience. Think I'll go with an Xikar Pipeline for now and put an Old Boy on my Christmas list.

Best wishes,

Secondhandwolf

Good choice. Which one are you getting? I fancy the black and silver myself. let us know how you like it.
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter   Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:40 pm

Wooden matches can be quite good too (just had to get that in, sorry!).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Your Experience of the Lotus 11 Pipe Lighter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1