HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Thinking about going to the Sturgis rally this year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Thinking about going to the Sturgis rally this year   Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 am

Not as a rider/biker, but as a racing & etc. spectator. I used to ride and race a lot, and have a lifelong interest in motorcycles. Since the location of The Insanity is only about 2 hours from me, I thought I might check out some of the "non drinking" events. Laughing

So: I know it started as a collection of races and stunts back in the 1930's, but have no idea if any of that survived the modern "scene" version. Is it all just a big party anymore, or is there stuff for a guy like me to watch?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to the Sturgis rally this year   Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:15 am

I haven't been there in years but there is a lot of stuff to do there. Races, shows and all the insanity to watch. Not to mention it's a beautiful area with lots of stuff to see. Can't go wrong.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to the Sturgis rally this year   Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 pm

LL,

There are still races and hill climbs during the Rally. When I am there, I hardly ever go into Surgis proper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to the Sturgis rally this year   Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:36 pm

This post got me thinking about when I lived in Spearfish. Some really cool places to check out in the area are Roughlock Falls and Devil's Bathtub. That is if you are into nature and what not. Spearfish Canyon is just beautiful.

http://www.pbase.com/prplexd/black_hills_extras

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going to the Sturgis rally this year   Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:00 pm

My last Sturgis was '02......and I mean my LAST. They have taken all of the fun out of it. WAY too many people. It's just one big drinking pool. Too many idiots, 1 %ers, cops, flakes, etc. However, if you ride right on through there is some spectacular riding to be had. Just don't stop at Sturgis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thinking about going to the Sturgis rally this year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1