HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Your Favorite Pour?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team
Dock

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Your Favorite Pour? Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Lately for me it's been Wild Turkey's "Rare Breed"

How bout you folks?

Best,
Dock
Your Favorite Pour? 98591
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Makers Mark and just about any decent scotch are my favorites right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster
Slow Puffs

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Not sure if you get this south of the border... Crown Royal Whiskey. However mixed with the Rubber Room, it is deadly.

Shocked Paul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 6:32 pm

For Beer I like yuengling, budwieser or miller high life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team
Dock

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Slow Puffs wrote:
Not sure if you get this south of the border... Crown Royal Whiskey. However mixed with the Rubber Room, it is deadly.

Shocked Paul

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Best,
Dock
Your Favorite Pour? 98591
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Mikem
The Coordinator
Mikem

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Makers Mark or Bullett Bourbon Whiskey. The problem is that after the surgery just one drink will immediately go into my system. So now I am a one drink cheap date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 9:15 pm

I haven't touched it in a while, but John Power's Gold Label Irish is about the best I have had.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister
Midnight Blues

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 9:19 pm

I like Bacardi 151 over ice, and next in line would be a nice Gin Martini, you got it, "shaken not stirred"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye. Unfortunately it is only a treat because our state controlled ABC stores do not stock it. The last time I had it was in Tampa, FL. The only Rye that NC stocks is Jim Beam. It's not bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
jeepernick
Mud Flaps
jeepernick

Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Burbon the Kentucky original. 99.9% of the time,Maker's Mark. After all I am an Ambassador for the company.

I used to drink it with water. But I soon began to yearn for the full flavor of the burbon. I then started drinking it on the rocks but alas the ice was melting just a little. Next I started to serve it neet but now, I have to drink it blindfolded as the mere sight of the stuff makes me salivate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator
Mikem

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Makers Mark was the first Bourbon that I enjoyed straight as a sipping whiskey. It is one smooth whiskey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Hey Jepper I too am a Ambassador. I have been wanting to go over to Loredo Ky to take a tour of several burbon distileries. My parents went last spring and toured most of the distileries. They said the Jim beam tour was the best of them all. Dad brought home some Elija Craig special reserve. Man that was some great burbon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:52 pm

For day to day type booze, I rotate among George Dickel #8, Wiser's Deluxe Canadian, Bushmill's #10 or Blackbush and occasionally Powers Gold or Kilbeggan on the rocks or with some spring water. For mixing I rotate among Laird's Applejack, Myer's Dark or Bacardi Añejo hecho in Mexico and Sauza Gold.

Probably the best I've ever tasted would be a toss up between Middleton Rare or Crown Royal Cask #16.

Jim..currently sipping some chilled elderberry wine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:59 pm

Like a lot of other BOBs here, bourbon. I'm partial to Blanton's, though it's pretty spendy (Still working on a bottle I bought a year and a half ago when I was making the big bucks spraying weeds). A nice treat though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ego Archive

Ego Archive

Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 am

Yukon Jack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tony Ferrill
The Enlightened One
Tony Ferrill

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Hailing from Bardstown,Kentucky,I prefer Jim Beam or Makers mark bourbon.But I haven't drank any alcohol in several years.....maybe tomorrow....sigh.....
Tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Tony Ferrill wrote:
Hailing from Bardstown,Kentucky,I prefer Jim Beam or Makers mark bourbon.But I haven't drank any alcohol in several years.....maybe tomorrow....sigh.....
Tony

That's also the home of Very Old Barton. A favorite of mine for many years. Only the Black & Gold label. The others are alright.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rbman

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Irish whiskey Rules   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi D.J.,

Jameson's straight up is a fine drink but also like a GOOD single malt too.

rbman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gospelman

gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:20 am

Jack Daniels on the rocks.

I also enjoy scotch occasionally...I really like The Dalmore. I drink it neat in a brandy snifter.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Good whisky/ey, good cigars, a good pipe...My kind of life!! Martinis, single malt Scotch whisky, good Irish whisky, old rum, port, sherry, mojitos, caipirinhas (made with real Brazilian cachacha), wine (reds especially), and India Pale Ale!!! Not much I don't drink...though not at one time and seldom to excess!!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 7:30 pm

12 yo VanWinkle Lot B and Old Weller Antique. That WT Rare Breed is good stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oldguy

Oldguy

Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 11:05 pm

I love a good scotch most any time. Also occasionally rotate to Cuervo Gold or 1800 tequila, and Martell cognac. But in the winter I like a kick in the ass from some good 100-proof Slivovitz. Yowzah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oddball

Oddball

Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 8:53 pm

Jack Daniels black label and water or with coke, Gentleman’s Jack, Knob Creek or Bullet on the rocks or straight, Arrogant Bastard or just about any Stone product, Evan Williams is a good garage whiskey
Black box wine, because I am that classy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warwick

Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Well, single malt scotch of course !

The warm smokiness of Talisker, the honey notes of Tamnavulin, or the delicate nose of Tormore.

But....there is nothing like the saltwater, peat, seaweed, and phenolic flavors of the Islay scotches, such as Ardbeg and Laphroaig, over which only the greatest Islay scotch Lagavulin reigns as the supreme nectar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom Clemons

Tom Clemons

Location : Intersection of Great Black Swamp & Lake Erie, Ohio
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Pour?   Your Favorite Pour? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 pm

I love a number of single malt scotches.

My go-to is The Dalmore.

Favorites are McCallan, Talisker and Langavulin. but there are others I also really enjoy.

i also like bourbons (see a thread in this section I started a little while back).

Cheers,

TC
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Your Favorite Pour?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next