HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

What's your favorite beer?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Beer   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Maynard,
I started drinking Bud Select for that reason, It's got fewer carbs than "real" beer and carbs are the real enemy. I also started alternating; beer one night Rum the next (Rum has 0 carbs). My fav. Rum is Sailor Jerry's Spiced, I have it on ice with water. Helps me sleep like a baby. My weaknes is eating snacks while drinking, I always want crackers or chips or nuts or something to chew on while sipping a beer or Rum.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:29 pm

maynard wrote:
Hopeing to quit the beer, god I love it so, but couldnt stop at one, but its a struggle, 6 to 8 beers a night, maybe if I substuted coffee, but no luck, the lbs I gained is beer I know that, but trying, but I do love beer , after work there is nothing better, any words of wisdom out there ?

Maynard, you're telling us you know you have a problem, and you're asking for help. Words of wisdom and advice from people who don't know you and don't know the challenges you face daily aren't likely to solve your problem. I'm no expert but I was told excessive drinking is a symptom of another underlying problem in your life. I'd visit a minister, pastor, rabbi, or priest, and have a conversation with him or her. They most likely will see things from a different perspective than yours and offer some help, or advice, or steer you in the right direction,,,,and you may make another friend in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Send me a PM and I will talk to you on the telephone about it.

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maynard

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Winslow wrote:
Send me a PM and I will talk to you on the telephone about it.

Winslow sunny
Thanks, going on the wagon, dont want to bum out the thread. but I thank you, I can spend the money saved on Booze, which is alot, and spend it on tobacco, Ill whip the booze, Im tired of being sick and tired, you must be a good man, thank you for your input.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 8:45 pm

Tough one here,

Mass Produced: Guinness all the way

Favorite: Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer (Still kinda mass-produced but has a lovely wood flavour and an enjoyable 6.7% alc content)

Favorite type: The english ales are lovely anytime, cervesa's when its hot and amber ales when its freezing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SailorJack

SailorJack

Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: So many choices!!   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:44 pm

There are so many that I enjoy but if I had to drink just one for the rest of my life it would be Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It's good any time of the year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:00 am

Had a good English Ale this weekend 'Boddingtons Pub Ale', very tasty.
Back to top Go down
Buster

Buster

Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:11 am

Red Hook out of Seattle makes some good beers, I enjoy their Ballard's Bitter and some new stuff called Hammer ale. Since coming to the Bay Area I've been drinking alot of Liberty.

In the summer I really like Weissbier, especially Franziskaner, and Erdinger Kristal (a filtered hefeweizen), thought the latter can't be found on tap in the US, to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.menkerios.com
rick

rick

Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:32 am

....What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Label_stone_irs
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 pm

I have a New Old Favorite if that make sense.
I watched Clint Eastwoods movie Gran Torino recently and in it his character drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. So while browsing the beer isle a while back I decided to try it (for the first time), and damn it was pretty good beer, cheap too.
Back to top Go down
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Discovered a new porter and a new place to have it.

Its called Mill Street Coffee Porter and is brewed in Ontario, Canada. Absolutley delicious chilled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Not necessarily a favorite, but a new found beer to to me ideal for drinking on hot summer days is Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. It's a mix of weiss/wheat beer and lemonade premixed in the bottle.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:20 pm

PipeBrew wrote:
This is a little more in depth than the thread title makes it seem.

What is your favorite mass-distributed beer?

What is your favorite beer?

What is your favorite style of beer?

Also, do you guys know where you can find local beers that are shipped nationwide, for instance, if a micro-brew in North Carolina only distributes in the southeast, is there a place to get it in the northwest? That may be a little extreme, but I think you can catch my drift.

If you home-brew, do you send out samples? Very Happy

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 98591

Favorite style: Ale or pale ale
Favorite beer:
Ale: bass
stout: Guiness
Lager: Dos XX, Landshark, Harps
IPA: Arrogant Bastard
Wheat: Pyramid
Seasonal: Sierra Nevada Big Foot Ale

Former home brewer; I simply lost the passion to brew (about the time my kegging equipment came in)
Back to top Go down
SailorJack

SailorJack

PostSubject: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is still my all time favorite but I tried a 6-pk of Victory Hop Devil this weekend and I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SailorJack

SailorJack

PostSubject: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:04 pm

I recently tried a 4-pk of Dogfish Head 90 min. Imperial India Pale Ale . All I can say is WOW!!
No wonder this is stuff is always rated so high! Wonderfully complex, smooth , well balanced. High ABV but it is well concealed. Nummy Nums!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:23 am

Favorite overall: wow...uhm maybe Trappistes Rochefort 8?

My favorite Mass Dist Brewery: Samuel Adams. Easy. They also have my favorite seasonals. "Fezziwig Ale" rules my world.

Favorite Style: Belgian Dubbel

I also love Hofbrauhaus Dunkel; Tap Room 21 "Moe's Backroom amber ale"; LandShark Lager; Unibroue La Terrible et al...

I...well, I also like regular Budweiser. there. I said it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joseph76

Joseph76

Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:09 am

PipeBrew wrote:
This is a little more in depth than the thread title makes it seem.

What is your favorite mass-distributed beer?

What is your favorite beer?

What is your favorite style of beer?

Also, do you guys know where you can find local beers that are shipped nationwide, for instance, if a micro-brew in North Carolina only distributes in the southeast, is there a place to get it in the northwest? That may be a little extreme, but I think you can catch my drift.

If you home-brew, do you send out samples? Very Happy

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 98591

1) La Fin du Monde and Blanche du Chamblee from the Unibrew lineup

2) Aventinus, St Bernardus ABT12, Rocheforte 10

3) Belgium style ales and wheats

I can't help regarding the last question. I buy my beers mostly from the LCBO in Ontario and Premier Gourmet in Buffalo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 pm

SMITHWICK'S

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:41 pm

I like them all!
Back to top Go down
paddy-boy

paddy-boy

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:46 pm

The best beer in the world also happens to be my personal favorite.
FREE BEER
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:48 pm

paddy-boy wrote:
The best beer in the world also happens to be my personal favorite.
FREE BEER

Hear! Hear!
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:35 pm

I'll buy, you fly,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:13 pm

SailorJack wrote:
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is still my all time favorite but I tried a 6-pk of Victory Hop Devil this weekend and I really enjoyed it.

I am quite fond of this ,but it has the most carbs and calories of any beer. Still can't beat a Sierra Nevada from the tap.

On the Dogfish head, I picked up a case of the 90 minute IPA and 2 cases of another one that is supposed to taste like raisins, but still resembles the 90 min.

Has anyone seen the 120 min?
Back to top Go down
gospelman

gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:37 pm

[quote="SailorJack"]I recently tried a 4-pk of Dogfish Head 90 min. Imperial India Pale Ale . All I can say is WOW!!
No wonder this is stuff is always rated so high! Wonderfully complex, smooth , well balanced. High ABV but it is well concealed. Nummy Nums!!![/quote

My favorite "go to" IPA.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sherlock

Sherlock

Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Grolsch would have to be my fave beer I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What's your favorite beer?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next