HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Very_British

Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:39 am

Good afternoon Fellow Forum Friends,

it gives me great pleasure to announce my arrival amongst those who, like me, find such exquisite experiences a just cause in the fast and furious world that we have to endure and that we may be permitted to stop the clock at 'that' moment and enjoy an oh-so glorious bowlful whilst slumbering in our favourite armchair in front of a crackling fire. Amen.

I have been travelling the holy grail of pipe smoking for the last 16 years and never give it much thought of participating in intelligent and meaningful (albeit electronic) conversation whilst we explore the pleasures of our favourite past time together. So, here I am and I very much look forward to swinging the lantern (and puff away happily) by "chatting" with you (when time permits) on the merits of our chosen philosophy.

With sincere regards,

V_B

A man can do without a woman. Just as long as he has his faithful pipe to keep him company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:01 am

Welcome to BoB. It is amazing what conversation the pipe will conjure up. Pipe smoking truly is a relaxing hobby and makes one look forward to being bored and having nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:45 am

Welcome!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
LtMac

Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Hello and welcome!

LtMac
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:25 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Welcome to BoB. Enjoy yourself. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:42 pm

Welcome to BoB cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Welcome aboard, V_B!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
dbreazeale

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:51 pm

Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Welcome aboard VB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:03 am

Hello & Welcome to The BoB. cheers
Back to top Go down
SailorJack

Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Welcome Aboard V-B. A pleasure to have you in our midst. Enjoy the BoB!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Welcome sir. Nothing like an early morning pipe and a hot cuppa to start the day. Enjoy the exalted company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudo Nim

Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Yes Greetings and welcome to BoB, look forward to reading your posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Welkommen! Mein herr.

Whether you lean against the back wall, stand up to the bar, or take a seat at the round table, make yourself at home.

Prosit.

Al (in Canada)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:15 am

A warm welcome V_B.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Very_British

Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time   Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Gentlemen,

thank you for your kind greetings and yes, I look forward to a good ol' chinwag in future.

@ Pseudo Nim - "Ayup Lad!!!" I come from Urmston, Manchester, which isn't too from from Bolton. It's a good thing that one never forgets his roots. As for my 'Manc' accent, it's never changed.

@ Slow puffs - I have nice memorie of Alberta being a lovely place. I spent time at Suffield (3 times) when I served as an officer in the British Army.

Sincere regards,

V_B Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: