HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
nate560

Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 am

Nice hideout good place to sit and read and relax.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad G

Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sun May 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad G

PostSubject: more den pics   Sun May 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad G

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Mon May 18, 2009 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Very_British

Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Nice abode you have there Dock. Parts of your 'den' resembles something out of the Victorian era. If only you were to see some of the really, really old pubs in London. They'd make your mouth would water as if time has literally stood still.

As for smoking in pubs, well... that's a tricky one. Legislation is one thing, but there'll always be those that see a loophole in the laws and turn their pub into non other than a "Smoking Club" with proper membership and the like.

The German legislation is a complete farce, especially downstairs in Bavaria where the politicians have 'relaxed' the anti-smoking laws to such an extent, it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Just you keep enjoying you bowlfuls as you slumber in your surroundings and have a puff on me, too..!

Sincere regards,

V_B
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Keep em' comin' folks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Cooldaddypop

Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:55 am

You guys have some sweet spaces. I'd like to see a special on HGTV about them LOL. I'll post some pics later on but these put mine to shame!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alaskansong

Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: My Smoking Lounge   Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Given that neither I nor anyone else is allowed to smoke inside the boat, my smoking activity is confined to the covered aft deck. As the weather is hardly ever extreme around here this is no hardship. Here is a shot taken during this past summer's Alaska Piper's Cruise.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.yachtexplorer.com
Soundwave13

Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sun May 16, 2010 11:26 am

Love the pics! Some of you have amazing collections!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SocWorkerSmoker

Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: *Wanted* Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Today's thread looking for pics of your smoking chair inspired me to finally complete my man cave. My wife has 'graciously allowed' me to carve out a space in our garage (a converted barn, and yes, that is a sewage line in the middle) for my man cave. The best part of my cave is the chair on the left. That chair was originally my fathers and I remember seeing him in it ever since I was probably 8 years old. Several years ago he gave it to my brother, who, recently then gave it to me. It is incredibly beat up but still darn comfy! I was able to run a cable line from my house to my cave and I plan on spending many a hour watching ball games while smoking my pipe.

cheers
SWS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 am

That chair on the left has been a big seller through the years. Kind of the economy model and predecessor to the Stressless chair of today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 am

alaskansong wrote:
Given that neither I nor anyone else is allowed to smoke inside the boat, my smoking activity is confined to the covered aft deck. As the weather is hardly ever extreme around here this is no hardship. Here is a shot taken during this past summer's Alaska Piper's Cruise.

I can think of no finer setting to enjoy good friends, good scotch, and good smokes! I am envious!!!! BTW, gonna be, well plan to anyway, in Anchorage next June-July (2011)! It will be my second trip (2003 was my first) - cannot wait! I'm not sure where you are moored and how far that is from Anchorage but it would be nice to join you for a smoke! You live in one heck of a state, my friend. My first trip to Alaska was nothing short of an emotional experience. The thought of life travesring the beautiful waters of Alaska on a wonderful vessel such as yours is heaven on earth.

Happy Smokes!

Lou
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Let's talk about Laphroaig, Lagavulin, and the Islay malts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Blues

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Here are a few pics of my humble smoking area. Pardon the mess! Very Happy

It's not much, but it's a start.

Jason
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pistolero

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Wow. Top of the last page in this thread is still from May 2009. affraid We need to get busy here.
Of course I have no pics to offer up myself ... yet. As soon as I have some time I need to get to working on my backyard shack. Winter is coming and I don't smoke in the house. I sit on the front porch mostly. Not a big deal when you're sucking down a quick cig in 5 minutes or less but THIS winter I'm gonna need somewhere to sit and burn a bowl, right? It is 10' x 10' already insulated & electrified with a window AC unit. Just need to remove the junk in there, clean it up and add a space heater, radio and such. I could sit back there with a laptop and check the forums and smoke and jam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Quote :
Let's talk about Laphroaig, Lagavulin, and the Islay malts.

I'm just getting into Scotch, but I got a bottle of Laphroaig as a wedding gift. I am looking forward to a special occasion to pop her open.
What am I getting into?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
Jack Straw

Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Not so much a man cave, as a man cavern within a unisex cave system. Or just my smoking chair. The cellar is in that trunk under the TV. It's always fun when a visitor asks what's in it.

On the other side of the room lies my little rack.

And my "workshop" aka a tiny girly desk that is nowhere near an electrical outlet so basically serves as a work bench.

I would have cleaned up but I find photos more interesting when people don't clean. Also, cleaning wouldn't be manly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey Jack, what kind of mods do you have on that Strat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack Straw

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:21 pm

It's actually just a squier. I put in a switch which runs the bridge pickup with whatever else is selected, so basically used with the neck in humbucking mode. The other switch which was broken off was an out of phase switch, which I didn't really like anyway. I did a little work on the headstock with a jigsaw, and did the neck in black and sanded down/stained the body. It plays pretty OK, I've been meaning to put a set of better pickups in it and rewire everything but haven't gotten around to it yet. Also needs a fret job at some point.

Here's a better picture:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Very nice! I like what you did with the headstock. I've been meaning to do the David Gilmour mod on my Strat, so I was curious about the extra switches on yours. Thanks for the photo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Jack- I really like the corner pipe rack; never seen one like it! Thanks for posting up the pics. Side note: that sure is a
sharp looking Donegal 80s!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack Straw

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks Chris!

Yeah that 80s is a beaut Erich! Wink

If you are interested in a rack like that, check out twocousinspiperacks.com. Really nice stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St Fiacre

Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Jack Straw wrote:
Thanks Chris!

Yeah that 80s is a beaut Erich! Wink

If you are interested in a rack like that, check out twocousinspiperacks.com. Really nice stuff!

I'll second that they have probably the nicest racks I have ever seen, most of them are really unique.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nate560

Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:48 pm

This is where I spend most of my time. I can smoke anywhere in the house but this is where I like to kick back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:44 pm

I can see why nate... Looks like the perfect place to enjoy a pipe.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

Wanted: Pics of Your Smoking Dens/Man Caves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next