HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipe Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
clueless

Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Pipe Show   Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:40 pm

I watched with envy and interest as people went to and returned from the Chicago pipe show. I recently saw this information on another board -

"North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show
The 2009 North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009, at the Midwest Hotel & Conference Center, Columbus, Ohio"

That is only a couple of hours from me. Is anyone from here attending? Is it a show worth making the time for?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rad Davis

Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Show   Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:47 pm

clueless wrote:
I watched with envy and interest as people went to and returned from the Chicago pipe show. I recently saw this information on another board -

"North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show
The 2009 North American Society of Pipe Collectors Pipe Show will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009, at the Midwest Hotel & Conference Center, Columbus, Ohio"

That is only a couple of hours from me. Is anyone from here attending? Is it a show worth making the time for?

Thanks.

It is indeed. I used to attend tha Columbus show, but it's 30 days before the Richmond show, and i found that I just can't do both and remain sane.

Columbus is a great show, and Smokers' Haven usually has a pre-show on Friday at their store.

Rad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raddavispipes.com/pipes.htm
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Show   Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:14 pm

The Columbus show is a classic, and plus you can pick up the GLP LOTR limited ed. tins which generally fetch 4x-8x times purchase price in collectible value after just a few years. This year's two offerings look particularly nice as described in the newest issue of the NASPC Newletter (oh, plus there are lots of pipes and sundries to be had there as well).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor_Briar

Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Columbus   Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:17 pm

This is one of the great pipe shows. Additionally, Columbus is a fantastic city for pipes with several above average tobacconists. And to top it off, there is the German Village.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mit

Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Show   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:01 pm

I haven't been up to the NASPC show since 06 but I'm making time to go this year. It's a great way to spend an afternoon. It'll be interesting to see how they've dealt with the newish smoking regs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pipe Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1