HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gentlemen it's been awhile.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aaron

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Hello all.

Just stopping by to say hi and update everyone on the goings on in my life.

Firstly I got a car. It's a 2000 model Ford Focus. I really like it and it's given me no trouble at all so there is that.

Lastly, Amy (Irene Adler) and I are getting divorced. Very long story and I'm sure the details would bore you all to death and I really don't have the energy to type everything out but it boils down to we have grown in different directions and can't keep it going any longer. So it's best to end it now and get on with the rest of our lives.

So your thoughts and prayers would be really appreciated during this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aaronjoliver.tumblr.com
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:36 pm

Sorry to hear that Aaron. Going through the same thing myself so I kinda know how you feel. My prayers are with you both as you work through this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:37 pm

sorry to hear of the divorce, but I assure you, life eventually goes on.

Great news about the car, I'm sure that helps with everything! Stay in touch Aaron, we miss you around here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Aaron sorry to hear about your divorce. As has been said life will return to normal. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Glad to see your face again!

Sorry to hear about the divorce--these things are never easy even when they are for the best. Keeping you in my thoughts that all shall be well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:24 pm

It's a pity to see a pair of pipers part paths.
Good luck to you both.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:02 pm

It's good to see you posting, even if just for a visit. Sorry to hear about the two of you separating. When everything starts resembling some normalcy I hope you become a regular again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Sorry to hear about it, I wish you both the best.
Bub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Mikem wrote:
When everything starts resembling some normalcy I hope you become a regular again.

Both of em!
I say they get joint custody of BoB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:20 am

Unfortunately, been there, done that. So hang in there and move onward as best You can. I must say that pipes and tobaccos have been a great focus for me while going through some tough times and hopefully it will be of some help and positive focus for you also. You shall be in my thoughts for a pleasing outcome and I always enjoy reading your posts.
Doc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:04 am

Sorry to hear that Aaron. I got divorced at 25 and though there were tough times it ended up being one of the best decisions I made. Didn't even realize how unhappy I was until I became truly happy. We are still friends today.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 pm

It HAS been a while since we've heard from you,,,,sorry to hear the bad news, it's a part of life and maybe you can learn from it and take something positive with you as you move forward. Time does help,,,,, Great news on the car,,,there's nothing like walking out the front door knowing the vehicle will start, run well and get you back home,,,,Wishing you well, have a beer, smoke a bowl and stay in touch,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:28 pm

OK lets get to the nitty gritty.
We all disagree on who makes the best pipe and who makes the best tobacco, but we all probably agree that long term relationships ain't easy. These difficulties are only magnified in today's climate with a poor economy and job losses.
We all got to know Aaron and Irene a couple of years ago and enjoyed reading their posts,so its hard to read that they are calling it quits.
I know that its none of my business, but I wonder if they have tried various approaches to salvage their relationship? We can always go to the Rubber Room, in other words BOB therapy.
I also know that Aaron started this thread based on his car problems, but lets also not loose site that Irene is also a member of the BOB. We should also keep her and their family in our thoughts.
Bub
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:02 pm

Not sure if I should say sorry or congradulations. It happens to the best of us. In the long term, maybe it won't seem like a bad thing. I don't think I could ever get married again. If I do, I will do so when I'm really old; that way if we get tired of each other we can just wait for the other to die.
Back to top Go down
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:14 pm

Going through a divorce sucks I know. Went through it 15 years ago. Try as hard as you can to keep the frustration out of your head and move on. Renting movies I saw as a teen helped alot because they took me back to a time before it all started. Same with visiting my parents. A tin of Penzance might help. That stuff disolves anything that trys to mess with your head while at the same time, helps you think clearly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey man!!! Glad to have you back. Wondered what happened to you and "Irene." My best to you during these difficult times. cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Aaron,

A wiser man than myself once said the best plan in life is to roll with it. I know you don't want advice on relationships right now but here is my sob story in life so far:

I met a girl while working at my low income job, we became fast friends and eventually after many flirt-filled nights we became something more. She convinced me to see the world and continue my education so i might have a career rather than living check to check. I convinced her to be more self-confidant and trust that she was beautiful and independent. We both acheieved these goals and enjoyed each others company for four more years. Then with my first 3 months salary at my new job i bought a ring...and 2 weeks before i was going to ask her to marry me she said I was not what she wanted anymore. This was totally out of the blue and we haven't spoken since. In fact the last conversation i had with her Father was to ask for her hand in marriage. After a year or so of hard drinking and working two jobs to try and forget about her i realized she was right, in the end her decision made the best sense for both of us and i think she realized that i wasn't strong enough to make that choice. In the end you just have to roll with it and focus on the best parts rather than the break up and you will be fine. Trust me, hang in there and do something for you in the next bit..like build a man cave.

just my two cents
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Hang in there, Aaron.

It gets better. Way better.

Been there, done that. waited 13 years and now happily married (20 years).

One day at a time.

Pipes help !

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Good to hear from you, Aaron, hope you're still puffing when you can?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:53 am

Aaron,
I guess I just have to agree with what others have said, been there done that, don't look back. You'll have sad days to come but you will make it through. There is a better day coming. Look to your Faith and get with folks of similar beliefs & purpose, you'll gain strength from that, you can also give back as well since everyone has a need. Keep us posted, and let us know if you have need of anything.
Relax often with a couple of friends who will never leave you, good ol baccy & pipe.
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 am

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, really.

To clear up a few things; this has been in the works for some time now, we've had these issues from the get go and there is no end in sight. The birth of Dylan was the only event that kept us together the last year. And he's great, I wouldn't change anything if I could. We were supposed to get together to bring him into the world of that I am convinced. It does suck that it has to be this way but it is what it is. We've tried counseling, no dice. Separation on a few occasions, still nothing, it would work for a little while but then everything went back to the way it was... bad. So there you have it.

I haven't smoked a whole pipe since the last of my penzance.... loved that stuff. Just haven't made a new order yet. I've been smoking a lot of cigars and cigs since this started... bad I know but they are both a bit easier and it feels right in the summer... I guess I'm more of a pipester in the fall and winter...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aaronjoliver.tumblr.com
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:48 am

Aaron,

Great to hear from you, mister! Uhmm... on the up side, ya got some reliable wheels... I really can't offer much in the way of advice, other than, chin up, camper! As we all know, when one door closes, another opens... And I, like you, much prefer to pipe in the fall and winter, rather than the hot months of summer. Hope to see you around here more often!

Best wishes,

Trout Bum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Sorry to learn of this Aaron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HistoryMajor

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen it's been awhile.   Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 am

Quote :
I've been smoking a lot of cigars and cigs since this started... bad I know but they are both a bit easier and it feels right in the summer... I guess I'm more of a pipester in the fall and winter...
I hear ya on that...

Sorry to hear about the divorce...best of luck with it all mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gentlemen it's been awhile.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next