HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Q: How many Internet mail list members does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 1,331:
One to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
53 to flame the spell checkers.
156 to write to the list administrator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list.
41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb.
203 to demand that cross-posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling, and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.
111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this mail list.
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.
Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list, which makes light bulbs relevant to this list.
33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them, including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."
12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
Four to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
One to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.
47 to say this is just what alt.smoking.pipes was meant for, leave it here.
143 votes for alt.light.bulb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:24 pm

That's absolutely fantastic Bran!!!!!!! & sadly very true too! Flame on! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:34 pm

That is pretty good and applicable to any newsgroup.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:50 pm

And the Internet has changed very little since those days, in some respects... Smile Great post, thanks!

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:15 pm

I found it in a 'Light Bulb Joke' compendium...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Pardon my ignorance to all things board related on an admin. side of things.

I had no idea it was like being HR for a bunch of elementary students! affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: everything old is new again   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:53 pm

How exactly does this differ from the "new" (or current) asp? And where were the posts about "f*cking electric light addicts"?

And now for round 1056 of the Engels - Tinsky heavyweight posting match...

That was cute, lol!

Al (in canada)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:35 am

Al, I don't know how it differs from the new and improved A.S.P.

I haven't been on asp in a couple years, I had to unsuscribe due to buttheads posting light bulb jokes to the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:42 am

^
|
|

That's called a throwback joke... Used to get an extra chuckle out of an already stated joke. Its Gov approved too, they like High CPS (chuckle per sentance) jokes..
I hear congress is going to even impliment a Cash4Chuckles program in the near future...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Heh,heh. I just posted this over on ASP. We'll see if I get flamed up for doing so. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:46 pm

Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
Heh,heh. I just posted this over on ASP. We'll see if I get flamed up for doing so. Laughing

Troublemaker! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:08 am

Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:

No flames just smiling reponses so far.

Al jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom Clemons

Location : Intersection of Great Black Swamp & Lake Erie, Ohio
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:45 pm

PB,

I don't think you are to post about light bulbs here at BOB. Please find a different forum for this off-topic thread.

Oh, and about your grammar .....

This was a hoot! I'll have to check out Doc's ASP post. Haven't been there for a while, either to "catch up" anyway.
Cheers,

TC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....   Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:57 pm

I think we should have a separate section of BoB just for light bulbs, where I cant inform you all that an electrician calls them 'lamps' (you put bulbs in the garden) cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

For all the old Alt.Smoking.Pipes guys....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1