HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Least Shocking News Of The Day!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 pm

This was on yahoo today and made me laugh a little. Here was the title of the story:

"A new study finds that the average video gamer is overweight, shy, and mentally depressed"......
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Not to mention dorky looking and an outcast among girls Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
This was on yahoo today and made me laugh a little. Here was the title of the story:

"A new study finds that the average video gamer is overweight, shy, and mentally depressed"......

Wait, does that mean that I'm supposed to play video games?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:46 pm

Who needs a woman when you have the Total War series to wage angry aggresion across the centuries? And Madden...
And the oldie but goodie Axis & Allies.. And the dear old Panzer/Allied/Peoples General(s)....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dillon

Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:20 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Who needs a woman when you have the Total War series to wage angry aggresion across the centuries? And Madden...
And the oldie but goodie Axis & Allies.. And the dear old Panzer/Allied/Peoples General(s)....

Yes, no, hell yes, and never played it. Don't forget Risk. I've never played Stratego but would like to.

Dock wrote:

Look out, they might do one of these studies on pipe smokers. "Middle-aged, conservative, history of drug abuse....." Suspect Twisted Evil

I've seen plenty to make this believable. My first year college roommate....jeez.

And myself in the past. But the symptoms were so damn comfortable that I just took them along when I stopped playing video games habitually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Any real gamer will show you their muscular thumbs!

I did have a real problem when i was younger, i must have put in about 4000 man hours in goldeneye for the N64 drinking Dr. Pepper and eating bbq chips and super nibs.

I must admit to having throwback nights with Halo 3 and three friends!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Note to self: pick up new batteries for PONG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 pm

SmokeyTweed wrote:
I did have a real problem when i was younger, i must have put in about 4000 man hours in goldeneye for the N64 drinking Dr. Pepper and eating bbq chips and super nibs.
Ah, GoldenEye... how the hell did I manage to leave college with a diploma, a girlfriend, and weight under 140 lbs with all the hours I dumped into that game with a jumbo Mt. Dew at hand?

(Admit it, Smokey, you started thinking of the opening theme music the instant you typed 'GoldenEye'.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Dillon,
Panzer General and later Allied General, Peoples General was a turn based tactical/strategic simulation.... you were issued an Army, and battled a historic battle, your troops got damaged, experience, etc etc AND the Army went with you to the next battle... You gained points to purchase new units and to do upgrades and what not.... But you quickly learned to take care of your army... Don't storm an infantry held city with a Panzer iv... Don't send SS troops up against artillery backed dug in infantry with Tank support without first bombing the crap out of them to keep their heads down....and you dadgum well better watch where they put that flak gun.... An old grissled Division could quickly be screwed up by adding green troops....

The whole series was awesome for its day.... the various Total War's totally blow it out of the water but we are talking 12-13 years difference in pc tech too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
SmokeyTweed wrote:
Ah, GoldenEye... how the hell did I manage to leave college with a diploma, a girlfriend, and weight under 140 lbs with all the hours I dumped into that game with a jumbo Mt. Dew at hand?

(Admit it, Smokey, you started thinking of the opening theme music the instant you typed 'GoldenEye'.)

When i typed Goldeneye! Heck everytime i wake up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Real MEN play with their Women!! Very Happy Ken tongue
Pacem en Loving! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:00 pm

I think he is trying to say he's a Tomb Raider fan.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dillon

Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Dillon,
Panzer General and later Allied General, Peoples General was a turn based tactical/strategic simulation.... you were issued an Army, and battled a historic battle, your troops got damaged, experience, etc etc AND the Army went with you to the next battle... You gained points to purchase new units and to do upgrades and what not.... But you quickly learned to take care of your army... Don't storm an infantry held city with a Panzer iv... Don't send SS troops up against artillery backed dug in infantry with Tank support without first bombing the crap out of them to keep their heads down....and you dadgum well better watch where they put that flak gun.... An old grissled Division could quickly be screwed up by adding green troops....

The whole series was awesome for its day.... the various Total War's totally blow it out of the water but we are talking 12-13 years difference in pc tech too.

I'm downloading this game now. Sounds interesting enough, and if it's not I'll try one of the sixteen sequels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:29 pm

"Yes, no, hell yes, and never played it. Don't forget Risk. I've never played Stratego but would like to."

Dillon, the secret to Stratego is don't put your flag in the corner with two bombs around it. Every one does that! I enjoyed that game and chess when younger, but never got into video. However, in 1968 while studying at Reading University (between Oxford and London) I did play one game of pinball in both Soho and down at Brighten Beach both, so as the song in Tommy goes, I must have played them all!?!

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking News Of The Day!   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
...the average video gamer is overweight, shy, and mentally depressed...

Kinda like me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Least Shocking News Of The Day!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1