HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD   Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:51 pm

A long time friend of many, PeterWD passed away not long ago. He was a member here, but best known for his participation over at Smokers Forums. Peter was also a fan of Peterson pipes. There is two threads as Sticky posts at the top of this page at the Smokers Forum website. If you are not a member, it may look differently to you. Look for the "Peter's Pipes" threads.

http://www.smokersforums.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5

They have settled on a selection of three different models which will be engraved. All the details are in those two threads. And who to contact, if you choose to participate. A great gesture by a great group of BoB's. There is only a few days left to sign up. I can only hope that I would be remembered as fondly.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD   Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:51 pm

He was a genuinely nice man and a beloved regular at SF. Sad to see him pass on but at the same time heart warming to see the folks at SF come out to honor him like that. I'm getting one of the pipes, it will serve to point out the spirit of the brotherhood as much as be a reminder of the gentleman who so many called friend.

A comment on how amazing it is that an online forum can produce such kind friendships is warranted. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD   Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Goes to show -- yet again -- that actual human nature is nothing like the systematic catalogue of depravities that is promoted as "human nature" by forces that would otherwise be called to account by it. Starting with usury.

How many acts of random kindness -- here and elsewhere -- does it take to make people question their assumption that people are greedy, ruthless self-centered opportunists by nature ?

And the hell of it is, as long as people believe the worst is par for the course, the more they behave in ways that anticipate it. Which only reinforces the supposition.

It's a failure loop.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD   Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
He was a genuinely nice man and a beloved regular at SF. Sad to see him pass on but at the same time heart warming to see the folks at SF come out to honor him like that. I'm getting one of the pipes, it will serve to point out the spirit of the brotherhood as much as be a reminder of the gentleman who so many called friend.
A comment on how amazing it is that an online forum can produce such kind friendships is warranted. cheers

I too am getting one of these pipes for the same reason. An outstanding example that there is still a lot of comradeship out there. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD   Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Wasn't aware he had passed....

Probably tickle him if he knew what was going on..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD   Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:52 am

I've ordered one of the memorial pipes as well. Don't know anyone else who knew Peterson's like Peter.

Yak, those were some highly insightful words. I fully concur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Didn't know the gentleman but its quite a tribute so he must have been a hell of a guy.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

Special Pipes Honoring PeterWD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1