HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:58 am

The Institute for Human Continuity now has a lottery that we can enter to survive the "end" in 2012. Check out: http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org/#/home

Is it just me, or is the stupid tree producing an exceptionally large crop of ripe fruit this year?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:05 pm

It's one of those annoying "viral" movie tie-in campaigns. This one would be clever, except Wall-E scooped the concept. Hell, Blade Runner showed some similar ads as just a throwaway background detail, twenty-some years ago.

(These "I alone escaped to tell thee" escape-the-apocalypse movies are getting pretty tired by now.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Without the purple sweatsuits and white Nike shoes, these guys just won't ever be taken seriously rabbit And why are they keeping silent the news of the Mothership coming to rescue the true believers just before the end? Is there limited seating? Could it be that we're too late to get a ticket?

OH, THE AGONY!!

Natch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Doc M, Thanks for the info. It makes more sense (as much "sense" as life in general can make these days!) being a sly movie tie-in. If we could only put those slick add-men to work on our economy they could.... oh wait....... they're already there! affraid

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:24 pm

You have to give some credit to the first person who saw that guy in the shabby raincoat who shouts at cars with his "THE END IS NIGH!" sign, and thought, "You know, there's a buck to be made in that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Natch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:40 pm

Just went through the sight rather carefully, and they've got Planet X! I love planet X!!! Oh the possibilities of a planet X.

Actually, they do skirt some reality of earth science/geomorphology and start almost each scenario with rather accurate, though simplified earth processes. But then they throw in a "planet X" kind of "fact" and all subsequent conclusions are rather tenuous. The sad thing is some will see these animations and "scientific explanations" and believe them as fact. As I teach a number of courses that include earth processes, physical geography, geomorphology, plate tectonics, and related topics, my job is assured for the rest of my life.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Natch wrote:
As I teach a number of courses that include earth processes, physical geography, geomorphology, plate tectonics, and related topics, my job is assured for the rest of my life.

Natch

Which should be until 12/21/2012 according to the Mayans. Unless you are trying to distract us all so you will have a better chance of winning one of the few remaining seats on the mothership. Very clever...but not clever enough. I've entered the lottery. Bwaa haa haa. geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anyone seen the IHC adds on TV?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: