HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

William Ashton Taylor passed away today.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:12 pm

The man behind Ashton pipes. A big loss for the pipe community and especially sad news for his friends and family.

jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Very sad news indeed. Best wishes for his family.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Sad day in pipedom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:11 pm

I had the chance of meeting him a couple of times. He was the very essence of an English gentleman.

This is truly depressing news folks Crying or Very sad I shall fire up my Ashton SHPC year pipe filled with Dunhill's #965 in his good honor...

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Sad, sad news. Condolences to the family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:17 pm

The circle of life continues, always a sad day when we loose a brother. Mr. Ashton has contributed so much to the pipe community, he will be missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Very sobering news. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Sad news indeed, though I don't own an Ashton pipe, I think I'll have a bowl of Condor (if that ain't English I don't know English) in a nice old (1960's) Ben Wade Canadian in Mr. Taylor's honor Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 am

I am sorry to hear that another brother of the briar has passed on. My the Lord comfort his family and friends while recalling fond memories to them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:13 pm

A stunning loss! I have two of his creations; both gems. I enjoyed his occasional missives when he joined us on the old Knox board (maybe on the JR board before that). My condolences to his family. FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoosierPuffer

Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: pray   Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:56 pm

I'll pray for the family and those who knew him Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Quote :
If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
Rest in peace, Mr. Taylor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:34 pm

A huge loss to our hobby, and a sad day indeed. A pipe full to thee, Mr. Taylor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Quote :
If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
Rest in peace, Mr. Taylor.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrayDawn

Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: William Ashton Taylor   Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:31 pm

What a loss! Great pipes and a charming man. I have many Ashton pipes and am smoking a XXX Soveign tonight in his memory. Yes, there are some quality issues with recent production, mortal he was, but what a treat to enjoy the perfect pipe that he often made. He will be missed by many.

Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gkhanna74

Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: William Ashton Taylor passed away today.   Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Huge loss. I own 3 Ashtons and really like them. I even had one refurbished from William Ashton Taylor himself two years ago, and it came back absolutely beautiful (I had abused it with 1-2 bowl-a-day smoking for two years).

I regret not having seen him at his trunk show at LJ Peretti in Boston about two years ago. A loss to the community, I am sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

William Ashton Taylor passed away today.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1