HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Favorite Bourbons?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 11:51 am

Hey EJ! How about a jug of that Blue Ridge brandy that Bob Childress use to drink?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Hey EJ! How about a jug of that Blue Ridge brandy that Bob Childress use to drink?! Very Happy

Ohhh Yeahhh! Very Happy
Problem is, I don't think anybody around here makes it anymore Sad .
They all went to growing pot through the 80's & 90's and now their into meth labs.
There might be a bit still coming out of Franklin County, Va aka "The Moonshine Capital Of The World." flower
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I get my "mountain dew" from relatives in the hills of Western North Carolina Twisted Evil FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Dooowwwnnn tha road from me thar's ah old holler tree........where ya throw down ah dollar or two! Go around tha bend and ya come back again for some good ole mountain dewhewww.....................

When we go to the Fiddler's Convention in August over in Galax there's some fellows that we play music with that always have some blackberry brandy. That is some mighty fine stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:41 am

I went to the ABC store the other day to pick up some Scotch, but then I saw this and had an AAD attack and had to have it. As you can see it's Old Forester Whiskey in a special 75th Aniversary of the Prohibition Repeal set; came with a special glass, a scroll with a copy of the 21st Amendment and the whisky in a specially labeled bottle. It is very smooth.
Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 Old_fo10
Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 Old_fo11
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Looks very inticing EJ!
Back to top Go down
paddy-boy

paddy-boy

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:55 am

I picked up a bottle of Old Crow this weekend.
Its not too bad if taken on the rocks.
Just don't try it straight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:59 am

paddy-boy wrote:

Yep! I usually take mine on the rocks with a splash of spring water.
Back to top Go down
wintermute

Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 5:04 pm

It's just about closing time and I'm looking forward to some of that sweet nectar.

My everyday pours rotate between Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and Elijah Craig 12yr.
Those are supplemented usually by Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Four Roses Small Batch or Single Barrel.
I was lucky to be gifted a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yr and Hudon Four Grain Bourbon (from Tuthilltown Distillery, a new distillery in New York). The Hudson tastes like Elmer T. Lee with some pine in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 pm

paddy-boy wrote:

Man!.............straight up it the only way to take it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wintermute

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:06 pm

So who's getting ready to make some juleps this Saturday? Think I'm going to pick up some Wild Turkey 101 for the occasion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:37 am

Been working on a bottle of Canadian Hunter, a good cheap Canadian Whiskey ($7 bottle). Not a bad sippin whiskey. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:08 pm

I love bourbon. I have a few favorites. Elijah Craigh 18 is one. I also like George Dickel barrel select. Also, I like Bookers alot.

For mixing, I use Jim Beam. I tried one called Old Whiskey River which is supposed to be a small batch, but it seems like Jim Beam to me.
Back to top Go down
SailorJack

SailorJack

Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptySat May 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Was gifted a bottle of Old Charter 10yr. old for my birthday. Very smooth, tasty and makes a great Manhattan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:01 pm

EJ,
That photo makes my mouth start to water, I believe I'm drooling on the laptop. lol!
I'm definitely going to try some of that Old Forrester. You rascal.
Heading to the Roadhouse tonight for a few sips and listen to a good Blues Band. Old Forrester is on the list fer sippin'
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:06 am

docwatson wrote:
EJ,
That photo makes my mouth start to water, I believe I'm drooling on the laptop. lol!
Heading to the Roadhouse tonight for a few sips and listen to a good Blues Band. Old Forrester is on the list fer sippin'
Very Happy Very Happy

Friday I'll be making a liquor run, I might have to get some more of this stuff. It sure was good & smooth.
Back to top Go down
wintermute

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:53 pm

I finally found a liquor store in the area that has an AMAZING selection of bourbons, cheap too. Picked up a bottle of Old Forrester's Birthday Bourbon 2008. It's good. Very well balanced. I definitely enjoy drinking it, but there's nothing there that makes me say "Wow!" or make it stand out compared to other bottles in the low $40 price range - I'd rather go for Four Roses Single Barrel or Basil Haydens. Next time I go I think I'll have to pick up a bottle of Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel, since I'm a big Buffalo Trace/ Elmer T Lee/ Eagle Rare/ Blanton's (heck, is there anything they make that isn't awesome?) fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 am

EJinVA wrote:
docwatson wrote:
EJ,
Very Happy Very Happy

Friday I'll be making a liquor run, I might have to get some more of this stuff. It sure was good & smooth.

Wound up not getting the Old Forrester. I had an itch for Jack Daniels Black Label as it was my birthday this weekend and I haven't had any JD for years. Forgot how it could sneak up on you though, after a couple mixed with spring water and ice I was feeling fine..... drunken Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:39 pm

This past weekend I tried the old Rebel Yell, pretty good stuff for the cash.
Yeeee Hawww!
Back to top Go down
gjwmsu

gjwmsu

Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: I consider my self a bourbon snob   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:36 pm

If you can find it, try Virginia Gentleman small batch 90 proof. As smooth as it gets. reasonably priced too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SailorJack

SailorJack

Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Favorite Bourbons?   Favorite Bourbons? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:37 pm

I recently picked up a bottle of Old Forrester 86 proof. Far from being one the best around but at $12 per bottle it ain't half bad. Makes a respectable Manhattan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Favorite Bourbons?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4