HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Snuff in Canada

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HistoryMajor

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Snuff in Canada   Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:32 pm

So, I found out a couple days ago that technically snuff isn't available in Canada. There is one shop around that I have found it at - only McChrystal's, mind you. I suspect, then, that they are still selling off stock that was imported some time ago. Alternately, this brand has managed to get the funds up to import.

I was talking to a lady who is involved with an initiative advocating for fair tobacco control, and I had asked her if there was anywhere in Edmonton that sold varieties of snuff. She said that it can no longer be imported, because of the need for nicotine content testing...and that costs over 50 000 dollars per brand/blend of snuff, cigarette, cigar, pipe tobacco, chew, etc. Since nasal snuff is such a tiny portion of the market, that this is simply not a feasible amount of money to pay to be allowed to import because making that money back would not be easy.

Anyhow, not really a sob story, because I really enjoy McChrystals (even at 15 bucks a tin) and can always purchase online, I just thought it was a bit of an interesting story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Snuff in Canada   Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:59 am

McChrystals is damned fine snuff, and I could easily snuff it exclusively if I could keep it in stock. I consider you lucky.
Back to top Go down
HistoryMajor

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Snuff in Canada   Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah. I really like it. Unfortunately, I've only ever seen raspberry, apricot, and original and genuine and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Snuff in Canada   Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:41 pm

I bought a case of McChrystal's Smokers Blend snuff that I like occasionally. It is a natural kind of flavored snuff that gives a pure tobacco flavor. I like it. Then again I also like the American dry snuffs such as Railroad Mills, Peach, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Snuff in Canada   Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:22 am

JP, are you taking those Americans by sniffing or dipping? You're made of stern stuff indeed if you take the American Scotches by nose!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
lowflyingpenguin

Location : The Wilds of Canada (from Iroquois for 'the village')
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Snuff in Canada   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 am

I am very surprised by this. I usually buy snuff from a shop in Ottawa and I have never heard of this issue before. When did this come about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Snuff in Canada   Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
JP, are you taking those Americans by sniffing or dipping? You're made of stern stuff indeed if you take the American Scotches by nose!

I do them both ways. You have to take into consideration that I have been using many forms of tobacco since I was about 9 years old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

Snuff in Canada
Page 1 of 1