HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hi Tech Gadgets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Hi Tech Gadgets   Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:05 am

I'm just falling farther behind when it comes to understanding modern technology.I don't need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi Tech Gadgets   Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Embrace the dark side! Laughing

I'm actually a gadget guy and recently went to visit family in rural Montana. They kept saying how they felt sorry for me being so tied to technology and I kept feeling sorry for them being stuck in the dark ages. Bottom line though, if you are happy where you are at why change? Quality of life, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hi Tech Gadgets   Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Real Men don't need no dadblasted fancy gizmo...
Internet,iPhone,Tellyvision,Horseless carriages... Bleh.
Why when I was your age................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Hi Tech Gadgets   Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm not very techo-adept myself. Does anyone know how to get the string back in the can when the phone breaks? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi Tech Gadgets   Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:50 pm

I used to be totally immersed in technology. In 1982 I made my own Apple II clone and added a z80 board so that I could run CP/M. After that DOS was easy. On it went for years until I ended up spending until 3 am every night on irc chat. Finally after spending the sickest year (illness from lack of sleep) of my life, I realised that computers were a curse and decided to just use them for what they were. So I stopped hacking. Now I create work for my students and browse to keep up with my hobbies (pipes & flying).

I only checked emails five times during the months of July and August and did no web browsing. It was refreshing!

Once I stopped hacking, I fell way behind and now am quite clueless regarding phones and computer programs beyond Word and browsers.

The biggest hoot I had lately was figuring out a Garmin hiking GPS and loading pictures onto an iPod Touch. Alternately, the Garmin 430 that I found mounted in the panel of a rental plane last year was boggling. Unfortunately I will have to learn the Garmin 430 if I want to do any sort of cross country flying - even with paper charts, the GPS provides an essential navigation backup. In the meantime, I will use a paper chart on my lap for short trips.

I guess my point is that technology is insideous - try as I may to get away from it, it keeps sucking me back in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hi Tech Gadgets   Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:41 pm

puros_bran wrote:
.. Bleh.
Why when I was your age................

There was no electricity.... lol!
Back to top Go down

Hi Tech Gadgets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1