HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: 965   Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Just thought I'd ask if anybody's tried McClelland's replacement for 965. I haven't heard much of anything about it and was wondering if it compares very well. Are there any others you would recommend as a replacement (hopefully it'll eventually come back, but who knows)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 965   Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Haven't tried the McClelland ("9 to 5") but the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club's "Great Hiatus" is wonderful, and it's supposed to be a (pre-outsource) 965 tribute. I never had the classic version of 965, but GH stands on its own as really quite good. (Somewhere in the Reviews area I blather on about it at length... Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: 965   Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Haven't tried the McClelland ("9 to 5") but the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club's "Great Hiatus" is wonderful, and it's supposed to be a (pre-outsource) 965 tribute. I never had the classic version of 965, but GH stands on its own as really quite good. (Somewhere in the Reviews area I blather on about it at length... Rolling Eyes )

Wonderful. I just bought a tin of GH. Now I'm looking forward to trying it even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

PostSubject: Re: 965   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks for the recommendation! I ordered a tin of it which shipped out today (along w some more Frog Morton to replenish my stocks, and some And So To Bed, which I also look forward to trying), so I should hopefully get it on Wednesday, which I have off work Smile

I foresee a smoke-filled day in my mancave (it's m' basement,and not the most aesthetically pleasing, but it has great heating, and I can smoke in peace, so how can I complain?)...

I'll give my initial thoughts on it once I give it a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

PostSubject: Re: 965   Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Doc,

Unfortunately, my tin of GH didn't come till yesterday, but better late than never Smile I have to say that this seems like a really great blend even from just one bowl of it. It seems, at the least, to share several characteristics with the 965 I've tried. Wonderful consistency and balance is what I liked so much about 965, and is also what I like abt this blend.

Your review did a wonderful job of expressing this baccy, so I won't go further into detail, and I agree w it 100%.

I think I will buy many more tins of this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: