HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Crappy E-Bay Service!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Crappy E-Bay Service!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 am

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a rather expensive item from a well known seller on e-bay. I've always thought he was a good guy and we'd made many previous deals together over the years. Days went by and no item appeared. I e-mailed him and asked where my item was and requested a confirmation number. He replied with "your item was sent USPS but I don't have that number.

Even more days went by and I finally just called him directly to find out what the hell was going on. He then tells me that an oversight had occured and my item never got shipped. That was the middle of last week and it's stil not here.

Unfortunately this event has really turned me off from ever buying anything from him again even if it's something I really gotta have. I prefer to do business with folks that conduct themselves as I do. When you buy an item from me it's shipped to you the next morning. No exuses and no runaround. I will not name the seller here publicly as that's just not my style. Bottom line, buyer beware, even if it's someone you know and have bought from regularly Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry

PostSubject: Re: Crappy E-Bay Service!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:06 pm

Doc, you are a special person; most people will not ship immediately. I've bought two things from him and recieved the pipes two days later. But you are an exception to the rule.

Some of the bigger pipe dealers/resellers on ebay have forgotten what got them there. I feel like once I'm established as a customer, the service part drops off.

I actually had an item never arrive and had it refunded by paypal.
Back to top Go down
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Crappy E-Bay Service!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Dock, sounds like you're like me. You expect everyone to act the way you do. Damn shame most people don't. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Crappy E-Bay Service!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Some people do business by making the pipe after you win the auction.
What bothers me about that is if you won at a low price will they just pump
out a piece without taking pains with the little details?I will find out,and it's
no big deal because I can always send it back or complain to E-Bay.
I can remember people going off half-cocked about a deal and slandering
someone over the years;then it turns out a family member died or some such
personal tradgedy happened.That would make me feel like such a schwein,and
I don't want that.

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Crappy E-Bay Service!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-