HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hey guys...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 am

I just wanted to let let you guys know that I wouldn't have made it through the week without the support that you guys gave me. Reminds me of what Doc Holiday said of Wyat, "he's my friend." I want to let you guys that I appreciate your friendship and support. Don't turn your back on me, cause I'm scared as hell.

"God help us all."
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:09 am

At some point, after I married a single mom, and realized that I owed VISA 1000 bucks, and the government 1000 bucks, and my mom and dad about 5000 bucks, it dawned on me that while I was a child, it SEEMED like my parents knew everything, and had it all under control. Really, they just did the best they could every day, and held things together as well as possible. It was now my job to seem that way to my family. "Dad's on it." is enough to make it right.

Good luck Hank. This is where it becomes about someone else, and that's really where the measure of a man is found, as far as I'm concerned.

You might be an outlaw and a boozer, but you're not a loser. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:15 am

Well, I feel like I am saved because I will no longer live life for myself. God knows I will not be the perfect parent, but I damned sure will try.

And I am no longer a loser because there is no way that I could make a life if I was a loser. This is by far the best thing that ever happened to me. I still don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Now, lets all pray: "dear Lord, don't let my child be a soccer or baseball player." Amen

bounce
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 am

ouch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:15 am

Texas Outlaw wrote:
Well, I feel like I am saved because I will no longer live life for myself. God knows I will not be the perfect parent, but I damned sure will try.

bounce

Amen brother! That mindset will make you free and you will make it!

Sending up prayers for success and blessings for a new family in the Lord!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
shortcircuit

Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Texas Outlaw wrote:

Now, lets all pray: "dear Lord, don't let my child be a soccer or baseball player." Amen
bounce

Hey now.... lets not bash too hard on soccer. The US might not be so good, but its got the rest of the worlds attention. And lets not forget how the US beat #1 rated Spain a few months ago!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:20 pm

shortcircuit wrote:
Texas Outlaw wrote:

bounce

Hey now.... lets not bash too hard on soccer. The US might not be so good, but its got the rest of the worlds attention. And lets not forget how the US beat #1 rated Spain a few months ago!

That's cool if you like it, I just can't stand it. Tried to play in college and hated it.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Soccer...

Check out the 'Shot' this defender makes.. For those that don't know, Defenders don't take shots, this kid was just doing what defenders are supposed to do..that is, to clear the ball to the oponents side of the field..

And they won the game.. cheers cheers cheers

I used to think soccer was a wuss bag sport.. but the more I've learned of it the more I've come to like it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Texas Outlaw wrote:
shortcircuit wrote:
Texas Outlaw wrote:

bounce

That's cool if you like it, I just can't stand it. Tried to play in college and hated it.

My son was first team all-state his senior year and his team won the 3A state championship in NC that year. I love soccer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm not disrespecting you guys, I just don't like it. I now it's a sport. If he follows after me, he'll be a linebacker or tailback. The coaches tried their best to make me a quarterback but I had shoulder issues even back then. He should be a tall point guard.

I also play and coach tennis now. I need to research at what age he can work out, my dad didn't believe in kids under 18 lifting weights. The philosophy is that it stunts growth.

as much as I would love to see my child play sports, I think of all the body aches I have now from injuries I sustained in high school. I hope he/she is a band geek...Smile
Back to top Go down
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Don't worry about not being a "perfect parent". None of us are. You just do the best you can and leave the rest in God's hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Centurian 803 wrote:
Don't worry about not being a "perfect parent". None of us are. You just do the best you can and leave the rest in God's hands.
You got that right, that's all I can do on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shortcircuit

Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 pm

It's all good TO. I can't stand baseball, but I'm well aware of how popular it is and respect the skill it takes to play. It's just not the sport for me. No hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hey guys...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1