HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

HD tv

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 am

So I got a new hd tv.The cable guy came out and hooked up the box to it.So far so good.Then he handed me a remote that 53 buttons on it.What's up with that?Now my wife went out and bought this new fancy computer with windows 7.Talk about technology overload.I can hardly figure out how to make a call on these new computerized phones.I guess my brain is just old.All this high tech stiff is stressing me out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Hopefully in a few weeks you'll be asking yourself how you lived without the new stuff for so long. Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:38 pm

Tell me about it. I used to try and keep up with all the new gadgets but I just can't anymore (too damn old & poor). It's mentally taxing enough to just keep up with technical upgrades at work (AutoCAD, Sketchup, etc). My 6 yr old said he wanted a DS for Christmas, I said what's a DS? He told me all about it. I guess I'll be calling my kids to hook crap up in the future like my dad calls me now. Life goes on.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 pm

If we could only go back to the good old days of rabbit ears and 2.5 fuzzy stations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:36 pm

puros_bran wrote:
If we could only go back to the good old days of rabbit ears and 2.5 fuzzy stations.

Yep...I find it fascinating that in those days there was actually stuff worth watching too. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:44 pm

puros_bran wrote:

Man, I can count on the fingers of one hand the times we lived places where rabbit ears alone did the job. We used to play 'message relay' with dad on the roof and the rest of the family in relay down the stairs to the tv, telling dad when to stop turning the roof mounted TV antenna Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm with you on the technology overload but when I do watch tv I am still watching the same Sanyo television that was purchased in 1991. That's what I have in my den and it plays just fine. No more than I watch it I just can't see investing in another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
kilted1
Great Scot!

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:17 pm

1991? That was back when giving the TV a good adjustment whack on the side actually DID something. You could also damage your hand!

I refuse to spend money on a HDTV that has no side to even whack!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dodge

Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 pm

I miss my old zenith, had a corded 15 foot remote with a channel up+down switch that was it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:16 pm

kilted1 wrote:
1991? That was back when giving the TV a good adjustment whack on the side actually DID something. You could also damage your hand!

Evil or Very Mad

What can I say? I am not really a tv person! The only reason that I have the 1991 Sanyo is because my family pressured me into having one for when they came to visit. Before that I didn't have one, and I left home in 1977.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Tennessee Dave wrote:
puros_bran wrote:

Yep...I find it fascinating that in those days there was actually stuff worth watching too. Shocked

My cousins and I watching the Minnesota Vikings play the Green Bay Packers on a black & white TV during a blizzard. Ahhhhh...yes. Those were the days. Very Happy

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

PostSubject: Re: HD tv   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Justpipes wrote:
kilted1 wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

What can I say? I am not really a tv person! The only reason that I have the 1991 Sanyo is because my family pressured me into having one for when they came to visit. Before that I didn't have one, and I left home in 1977.

I'm completely with ya there brother, in our house TV is for watching VHS and DVD movies, we haven't had cable in awhile. Growing up my parents limited our viewing to 1/2 hour a piece (three boys choices = 1 1/2 hours of Saturday viewing) the nightly news (I remember Huntley-Brinkley) and Mutual or Omaha's Wild Kingdom and Disney on Sunday evening. The rest of the time TV was off limits to children! Kind of forces you to develop other interests and a love of reading.

I'd say we had to pedal a bicycle to watch, but that's stretching it affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HD tv
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: