HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My First Meer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
clueless

Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: My First Meer   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:21 pm

I came home from work tonight - late and tired as usual - to find a package waiting for me. I was suddenly no longer tired. I really wasn't expecting amything today so I was really surprised by this light little box with a return address from a guy named Winslow in Illinois. I opened it to find a beautifully carved meerschaum pipe, two baggies of tobacco, and a third baggie with what I can only guess are my share of the gumballs from the contest. WOW!! This is one mailman (retired) who really delivers. The tobaccos are Galway and Egg Nog - two blends I have never tried. I am sampling the Galway now in a fresh cob. I don't usually smoke aros but I am enjoying this and my family is wild about the 'room note' compared to my usual english or burleys. Thank you Winslow. This is awful nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 pm

I was wondering which ones of you goobersmoochers STOLE those clawed Meers... Now I know. Clueless and Dover.. hmmm. Hope Santa gives yall COAL! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadrack

Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:52 pm

clueless wrote:
I came home from work tonight - late and tired as usual - to find a package waiting for me. I was suddenly no longer tired. I really wasn't expecting amything today so I was really surprised by this light little box with a return address from a guy named Winslow in Illinois. I opened it to find a beautifully carved meerschaum pipe, two baggies of tobacco, and a third baggie with what I can only guess are my share of the gumballs from the contest. WOW!! This is one mailman (retired) who really delivers. The tobaccos are Galway and Egg Nog - two blends I have never tried. I am sampling the Galway now in a fresh cob. I don't usually smoke aros but I am enjoying this and my family is wild about the 'room note' compared to my usual english or burleys. Thank you Winslow. This is awful nice.

Same here. Came home to find a package at my door. Picked it up and it made a hell of a noise. Seeing it was from one S. Winslow I figured the eagle claw lattice meer inside must have shattered on the way to me. To my surprise it was just fine, the racket turned out to be my share of the gum balls rolling around in there. haha. First meer here also. I'm already on my second bowl with it and am quite impressed with it's smoking qualities. Smokes very sweet and is lighter than I thought it would be. Kudos to Winslow!! Thank you! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Hold it now I'm confused....

Which two of the three of yous bozos stole my pipes?

Seriouslly ... You boys smoke them badboys in peace and double kudos to Winslow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:28 pm

PB,
I got a meer that wasn't listed in the contest. Winslow sent me a "straight egg" not a "claw". Very Happy
See my post in the Gumball Contest thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Even more cheers for Winslow then!!!!!!!!!!!

Winslow, you da man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 pm

I too received a meerschaum pipe from Winslow -- a HUGE intricately carved meer that features two buffalo climbing up onto the bowl of the pipe. Wow, very cool, and my first meer as well. I am very much enjoying it, along with the accompanying tobaccos and gumballs. Winslow is da man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 am

Me too! I got a gumball pipe and a baggie of broken Meer pieces Twisted Evil

I'm PLAYING Congrats guys and KUDOS to Winslow cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My First Meer   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:01 am

Your a good man, Winslow.