HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tigger\'s crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Tigger's crash   Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Wifey keeps changing her story. Now she says she didn't go back in the house to retrieve the golf club... to "rescue" the "trapped" driver of the vehicle she "heard crash" outside her house. Laughing

I wonder if she knew that in the U.S. lying to the Po-Leece is a felony?

Twisted Evil

10-15 years ago having a billion dollars could fix this sort of thing. Today, not so much. All manner of electronic and forensic evidence can be dug up, and there are legions of electronically-connected diggers. And the cops and DA are going to be caught squarely in the middle when it comes to light.

Having a billion dollars can still buy you time to assemble & meet with a legal team, though. Neither wifey nor Tigger have talked to the cops yet, and say they won't for several days. (My money says they never will, preferring to risk obstruction charges over what would happen if they did.)

Latin tempered Norhoogians... what's the world coming to?

Last edited by LL on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:51 pm

LL wrote:
Latin tempered Norhoogians... what's the world coming to?
Ragnarok, of course.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 pm

LL wrote:
Wifey keeps changing her story. Now she says she didn't go back in the house to retrieve the golf club... to "rescue" the "trapped" driver of the vehicle she "heard crash" outside her house. Laughing

I was there.
She was chasing him with the club and
he crashed the truck trying to escape. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Benjamin Button

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Hmm...he crashed his Escalade, causing only around $8K damage (for those of you who have not been in an accident in a while, thats not bad for a vehicle of that price), and she needed to use a golf club to smash the rear window to get him out??? Yeah. I'll buy that for a dollar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:24 pm

Benjamin Button wrote:
Hmm...he crashed his Escalade, causing only around $8K damage (for those of you who have not been in an accident in a while, thats not bad for a vehicle of that price), and she needed to use a golf club to smash the rear window to get him out??? Yeah. I'll buy that for a dollar.
Another measure of minimal damage: The collision didn't even set off the air bags.

But he was unconscious & lying in the street for six minutes (that takes a damn good whack) from it??? Um, yeah.

Sounds like Tigger ain't the only person in that house who can swing a driver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:35 am

this is a traffic investigation, not a criminal one. By law, Tiger doesn't have to speak to the police.

Seems fishy to me too though. Especially with reports of him humping some hostess.
Back to top Go down
LL

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:03 am

Texas Outlaw wrote:
this is a traffic investigation, not a criminal one. By law, Tiger doesn't have to speak to the police.

That's where it gets interesting. FL state law requires an arrest in domestic cases if there is visible injury. If a weapon is used, things get worse. If the responders got lied to and the bogus info appears in the written report, worse still. So, while it might be a traffic investigation, it threatens to become a felony case.

Everyone seems to think that Tigger's stall is because his injuries aren't consistent with an auto crash, which leaves wifey holding the smoking golf club, and no way out.

Ahhh... the oldest situation known to Humanity strikes again: The man brings to the union an appreciating asset, while the woman brings a depreciating one. DNA hardwiring does the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:08 am

Well since Tiger doesnt have to speak to police, she would have to implicate herself. Personally, I would put the bitch in jail, but Tiger has to decide what to do or not to do.
Back to top Go down
LL

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:04 am

It's going the way I figured... After the 4th attempt by the cops to meet with him and Tigger backing out at the last minute, he now says he refuses to talk to them altogether.

Also, the BS that wifey kept trying on for size got thick enough that the po-leece now suspect criminal activity. Enough they're getting a search warrant for the house.

Ouch. You know the Digital Age is upon us for real when a 33-year old ultra-famous billionaire can't even knock off a bit o' strange while traveling on bidness. On another continent no less. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack Straw

Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:15 am

I was never a Tiger fan, but I think they need to leave the man alone. Search his house? Really? These state troopers must be loving the attention. Total invasion of privacy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Jack Straw wrote:
I was never a Tiger fan, but I think they need to leave the man alone. Search his house? Really? These state troopers must be loving the attention. Total invasion of privacy.

Tiger turned it into a pissing contest, is all. Stiff-arming cops---telling them what their domain consists of and doesn't---pisses them off faster than anything. Common sense goes out the window on both sides once lawyers and DA's get dug in, and it looks like they have. As amazing as it sounds, I expect this will get much crazier before it's over. Already Tiger has cancelled an appearance at his own golf tournament because of legal considerations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokey Joe

Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:46 pm

I think the little lady caught him cheating, opened up a can of whoop arse (ie-the club) and started swinging. Then, ol' Tigger tucked-tail, jumped in his fancy SUV and wrecked it trying to get away!!
I reckon this makes the billion dollar Tiger look like a scared pussycat Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack Straw

Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm

The police may be entitled to get pissed off, but it is the police's job to issue a ticket either on the spot or at the hospital, or maybe the next day using the evidence on hand. They are turning it into a pissing match, by taking it personally. There is no reason for it to take this long to issue a simple citation, let alone warrant a search of his home. IMHO

He is completely within his rights to not say anything. What's he going to say, my wife and I got in a fight over a love affair and she hit me in the face, so I left the house in a flurry and hit a hydrant? That does not change the facts, except to air out his personal affairs in the media. Obviously it would be different if he wanted to press charges against his wife.

Again, I don't love Tiger, in fact word on the street is that he's a bigtime jerk - but *to me* this just reeks of someone trying to get their 15 minutes on TMZ or wherever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Actually that would be domestic violence and it wouldn't matter if he wanted to press charges or not, the DA would.

For whatever its worth.. Theres literally tens of thousands of women (and men) who are right this minute getting the living hell beat out of them for forgetting to empty the ashtray, getting home 2.7 minutes later than they normally do, forgetting to say I love you dear as they serve dinner to the obnoxious asshole, spilling a beer, and countless other 'good reasons'.. He screwed up and broke a covenant, a 9 iron upside the noggin sounds about right to me, who cares? Media sensationalism just because he's 'famous'... charge her or don't, lets move along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Well, I like Tiger. I don't care if he's a prick to the media and doesn't like hobnobbing with the right people so everyone will say what a nice guy he is, who cares. He's a professional golfer and he does some good charitable things with his money. Basically it looks like he's just refusing to implicate his wife in anything that would get her in trouble. I'd do the same thing and I'd bet that most of you would too. If the rumors are true, we're not talking a wife who beats his ass daily, it looks like she got pissed because he was cheating and she whacked his melon. Good for her, so what. If they want to work it out privately, good for them. Everyone can piss and moan because he won't talk but that's too bad. If the cops want to cite him for the traffic incident on private property, so be it. If they want to find more and they can't because he's not going to do that to his wife, too bad.

He's not playing because his doctors say he shouldn't fly with the head injuries and he'd have to be there tomorrow. True or not, his prerogative. The 2010 PGA tour doesn't start until next january and he really doesn't need to start playing until spring. Hopefully he can use the time to get some counseling and get his marriage squared away, he has a family and that's more important than any police action, media attention or PGA tour. He's always managed to come away from adversiy a better man, hope that happens this time too.

adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Yeah, what Puff Daddy said... I'll go with that.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:34 pm

With all that is genuine and going on in the world at present, I wonder why this item is even NEWS!!! Evil or Very Mad

I guess people are more concerned about what happens to 'celebrities' than real life ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 pm

This just in...

Displaying brilliant police work, the Florida Highway Patrol
has determined that Mr. Woods was at fault in the accident.

(Damn! I thought it was the fireplug's fault.) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:09 pm

kilted1 wrote:
With all that is genuine and going on in the world at present, I wonder why this item is even NEWS!!! Evil or Very Mad

I guess people are more concerned about what happens to 'celebrities' than real life ...

This sort of thing always attracts attention because normal people want to see if the Rich and Powerful get held to the same standards they would under the circumstances. (They rarely do, of course, but that doesn't change anything.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:08 am

So they cited him for careless driving and the fine is $165. He's worth a billion dollars, he told the police to bugger off, the fine is $165.

............................ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My thoughts on the matter: Florida Highway patrol, why the hell bother? You should have just walked away and left him the hell alone. This only makes you look more foolish Laughing

How it should have gone down, with the responding officers, in the hospital immediately after the accident.

Mr Woods, were there any other people, vehicles or incidents that are related to the accident?

No

Is there anything else at all you'd like to say?

No.

Here's my card, call me if you need anything. Please settle the damages privately as the incident was on private property. Have a nice day.

But, I guess that would preclude anyone in the department the opportunity to feel important............

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Yea, but look at the great Christmas card they're sending out this year.

Natch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:35 pm

It's a "big" blow to the PGA. When Tiger took a year off due to an injury, the TV ratings went way down.

The PGA crafts an image of a "gentleman's sport".

Rarely has this kind of incident been made public. John Daly is seen as a one with this kind of behaviour, but outside of Daly, I can't think of another. Daly is still popular as he is seen as one who is battling demons and alcoholism and people pull for him to get his life together.

I sense that Tiger is not popular among his fellow golfers. He is extremely competitive, swears using the "f-bomb" when he misses a shot (that's where I got the habit) and never gives an inch to his competitors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:47 pm

John Daley, yea, another Arkansas! We can't keep out of the news these days!!!

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herzl

Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:25 am

I could care less about Tiger Woods, but Tigger? What a wonderfully erudite and revealing play on a word we have here. Clever. Clever!

You know, if not much else, how to spell Tiger. We all grew up on the Ponderosa, in love with Aunt B and Andy, Miss Kitty, and Tony the Tiger. It's GREAT! Longing for the phoenix of the 'Old South' rising, where tiggers knew their place, and if they started to forget, a trip to a tree was all it took to remind; 'strange fruit.' Where slavery was a benign institution, with happy ''s ok, we's all gittin 'long jes' fine massuh boss, (grin, shuffle-shuffle)' tiggers. Stevie Wonder, the sun shining on the wicked as well as the righteous, makes us smile. The war between the states an uncalled-for 'war of northern aggression.' Tigger calls himself a tigger, fer cryin' out loud! Of course.

My parents didn't teach racial distinctions in their warnings about 'ignorant trash.' To me, their lack of warnings about racism was parental malpractice. I learned it from other people, getting a grade less with a higher score, 'no mechanical ability' with a certified IQ of 164. (My ten things about me are that the shock of my life was to learn that I'm only an average genius. Gack!) To their credit, or not, I can positively say that no 'race' is better or worse than any other. This I know for a fact. People are people, with the good, bad, and ugly, everywhere you look.

On the way to a city band practice in high school, a tenor saxophone player named Gary Davis made the cute comment that 'it smells like tigger sh*t here' as we were driving past a field. I must have flinched, as now, for him to say, 'but, you're not a tigger.'

Mickey Schwerner didn't die in Philadelphia, Mississippi, for me to decide that tigger jokes are funny. Or that people who think this is fine and dandy, no biggie, are from 'good people.' Much ado about nothing. Indubitably. 'We's gittin' 'long.' This, obviously acceptable here, entendre is bad karma. Worse, to keep quiet and let it slide. Associating with 'ignorant (racist) trash' is a greater sin than chomping down on a side of bacon, and I'm almost vegetarian trying to keep kosher. I'm willing to say 'brother,' Pass the hot sauce!? Of course.

True enough, 'tain't raight' to show up at a 'Southern' barbecue, and complain about the pig on the spit. 'What'd ya' 'spect?,' be glad it's a pig. [Did I get a laugh? Now, tha's funny, I don't care who ya' are.] Y'all go'on and Enjoy now. Ya' hear?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Tigger\'s crash   Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 am

Herzl, I guess I'm to white and racist to have got it.. I assumed he meant Tigger from Pooh who was a Tiger..
But lay meaning on it if you wish...

Either way its a stupid thing to have on the 6am,7am,8am, 9:30 am update, news at noon, 2:30 pm update, Fox at 4, Live at 5, the 6o'clock news, the 7pm late news.. the tops at 10, the 11'o'clock nightly news, and the Letterman Show..
A golfer hit a hyrdant or whatever and it looks like his wife beat his head.. big deal, press charges or let it go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tigger\'s crash
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: