HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi   Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:51 pm

I am stuck in the office, and it will be a minimum of 5 and a 1/2 hours until I can smoke a pipe in peace, but I am craving Ashton Artisan’s blend in my Don Carlos, and seriously considering coming down with an afternoon flu.

Any others suffering from involuntary delayed gratification syndrome?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Benjamin Button

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi   Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Haha...those days are rough, I tell ya. I have roughly 12 more hours before I get to be home and I've been at work since 8:30 (two jobs sucks, but I gotta be thankful in this economy).

I'm dreaming of some Dunhill Durbar in a full bent meer. Mmmm...

-Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi   Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Amen to that brother!
I'm stuck in an office most of the time as well, but right outside in the parking lot is my car with my pipe & baccy waiting on quitting time. Today, I brought my Akropolis Amadeus #346 & filled my pouch with S.G. Med. VA Flake for the trip home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi   Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:28 am

EJinVA wrote:
Amen to that brother!
I'm stuck in an office most of the time as well, but right outside in the parking lot is my car with my pipe & baccy waiting on quitting time. Today, I brought my Akropolis Amadeus #346 & filled my pouch with S.G. Med. VA Flake for the trip home.
\

EJ,
I used to do the same, but the stems started fitting loosely in the shank from being in the heat. No wI only carry cobs.

Really, what gets me through a day like today (11 hour day with no smoke) is snuff. I wasn't thinking, on long days like today, I usually smoke a cigar on my 30 min drive to work. But my stomach was a little upset.
Back to top Go down
Dubbya

Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:17 am

Texas Outlaw wrote:
EJinVA wrote:
Amen to that brother!
\

EJ,
I used to do the same, but the stems started fitting loosely in the shank from being in the heat. No wI only carry cobs.

Really, what gets me through a day like today (11 hour day with no smoke) is snuff. I wasn't thinking, on long days like today, I usually smoke a cigar on my 30 min drive to work. But my stomach was a little upset.

I like a good snus to keep me going on the long days. Some really stout General Loose kept me going this week. The cobs of Larsen on the way home helped too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi   Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Monday morning email from the boss essentially said, “look busy, or else…, well Ok, just look busy.” So here I am, in my office, looking busy, trying to move time forward with my mind, having a finer appreiciation for Dali's melting clock painting, Don Carlos is up in the rotation, and I have one bowl of well aged Artisan’s blend left in the tin and a healthy dose of Kelt cognac waiting for 5:00 PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1