HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What do you drive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bergxu

Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am

Here's one of mine Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:09 pm

A 1997 Ford Ranger, the small 4 cylinder,5 speed, no cruise.. Two busted out tail lights, a ton of dents including on the tailgate where a ghettofab homey decided it needed some new dents, A/C and windshield whipers quit working about 50k miles ago, the paint is peeling off of the hood and roof...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paddy-boy

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:13 pm

puros_bran wrote:
A 1997 Ford Ranger, the small 4 cylinder,5 speed, no cruise.. Two busted out tail lights, a ton of dents including on the tailgate where a ghettofab homey decided it needed some new dents, A/C and windshield whipers quit working about 50k miles ago, the paint is peeling off of the hood and roof...
But does it leak oil?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:15 pm

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 that I paid way too much for because my credit is so whacked from trying to make a living in a failing economy as a tradesman. It replaced a 1994 Ford 150 with 250k miles and a transmission so shot it would no longer climb the mountains I live in without burning far more fuel than I could afford, and couldn't replace. Oh and our 'back up vehicle' is a 1985 Chevy S 10 four banger that runs when it wants too ... our vehicle insurance just went up, I guess they need their pound of flesh before we die ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Nope, its a great truck, and I am thankful for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:38 pm

2009 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner access cab.
Back to top Go down
paddy-boy

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:53 pm

The wife drives a Camry. I am inbetween cars right now due to a cracked engine block on my grand prix. After the holidays it looks like there is a Fusion in my future.

On the weekends I am helping my father restore a '72 Chevelle Malibu which will one day be mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:58 pm

Texas Outlaw wrote:
2009 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner access cab.
We just got a 1999 Prerunner and love it. In need of a tuneup, and full of quirks and aftermarket bells & whistles, but loving it so far.

(Everything but the ridiculous faux bullet-holes decals on the back. Gotta steam those off soon. It doesn't look "tough"; I don't have enemies; and if I do, they better hope their caliber is higher and grouping is tighter than that!)

The regular ride is a '99 Saturn wagon--plenty of cargo room and doesn't hurt the wallet for gas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:02 pm

I recently bought a 1996 4x4 Chevy Suburban with only 68,000 miles on it. I stole it for a song. They don't make 'em like this anymore... her name is "Dee Dee" and she's outfitted with chrome bumpers and a killer Alpine. She's a guzzler, but also quite large and quite safe for myself and my family. (I have a four month old baby daughter.) It is not a daily driver, but more for trips and such. This baby can swaller some gear, let me tell ya!! My wife drives a Subaru Outback that is great on gas and handles snow like a champ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 pm

My daily ride is a 2000 Chevy Prism which is a Toyota Corolla in disguise. I've had it for about 5 years, got it for a bargain cause it had been wrecked & repaired. It's got about 149K on it and still gets 30-32 mpg, AC quit 2 yrs ago, now the heater only works on high, the check engine lights been on for a year. In the winter I have four studded snow tires that will take me anywhere a 4x4 will go, unless the snow is too deep (which we haven't had to worry about for a few years now (global warming etc...)). We still get icy roads & she pulls on through. I have a 1999 Ford F150 with a V6 for the farm and when I need to haul stuff. The wife drives a 2000 Toyota RAV4.
I guess if we didnt spend so much on pipes & baccy we could all buy new cars eah?
Back to top Go down
the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Ha! A fellow Jag-ster. I have a 1998 XJR, a 390 hp gentlemenís' lounge that smells suspiciously like latakia--by far the best car I have owned, but it is dangerous in any sort of weather. It has never leaked a spot of oil, and even holds coolant...when it feels like it. I think it, like most predators, it feels the need to mark it's territory from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:56 pm

A ten yo Honda Civic, I recently put $12 into the gas tank, what is this Country going To?!! Kem tongue santa
Pacem en Peddeling! tongue santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HistoryMajor

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:58 pm

A 1998 Honda Civic for me. 5 speed, heat hardly works, no winter tires, no power locks or windows. It's a great vehicle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shortcircuit

Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Does a really old Yellow Diamond Back Bicycle with squeaky pedals, and a creaky frame count?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paddy-boy

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:09 pm

the macdonald wrote:
Ha! A fellow Jag-ster. I have a 1998 XJR, a 390 hp gentlemenís' lounge that smells suspiciously like latakia--by far the best car I have owned, but it is dangerous in any sort of weather. It has never leaked a spot of oil, and even holds coolant...when it feels like it. I think it, like most predators, it feels the need to mark it's territory from time to time.
you got a good one
My parents owned one XJ6, as I recall, in the mid eighties.
Total POS
The traded it in on a Peugeot.
another POS
Traded the Peugeot on a Candyapple red thunder chicken which turned out to be a fairly reliable car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Bigass environment wrecking Tahoe. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:28 pm

2002 Ford Taurus - it's been a good, reliable ride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:31 pm

05 Dodge Ram quad cab.

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:40 pm

My wife and teenage daughter crazy, (and I seem to be very gifted in this area).

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:49 pm

We did a Cash for Clunkers with my '91 Ford F250 4x4 on a 2009 Rav4 v6 4x4. Got rid of the 2001 Impala to a niece in Indiana. Still have a 2005 Impala and bought a used 2000 Chevy Z71 4x4 shortbed with 170,000 miles to tow the trailer with and do other duties. Have an '85 Honda 700 Sabre in the shed I need to get running and sell.

I drive this one a lot. Very Happy

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:12 pm

My family and I are very much into the "car culture". Part of this is because as car dealers we've had the chance to make some very good deals for some great cars. We have a 15 car garage in the backyard which is filled with a 76 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow right hand drive w/ 50K original miles, a 2005 anniversary edition T-Bird roadster w/ 40K, my mom's 79 caddy hearse show car with 22' rims, 15" subs, neon, flames, tinted windows and an Ed hardy mural on the loading door, her mildly customized 04 PT Cruiser as well as a bunch of cars in various states of resoration including a 59 sunliner retractable, a 69 Dan Gurney Cougar with a factory big block, scoop and hood pins, a 62 T-Bird Monaco (VERY RARE car. One of 2,000) , an 80 Fiat Spyder, a 69 Mercury Monterey convertible and more that I can't recall right now.

My everyday car is anything on the lot that I like which is driven on a dealer plate. Today that means a 99 Ford Expidition with aftermarket mags, grille, custom paintwork and a kickin' sound system. When it snows I drive an 05 Dodge Ram PU plow truck.

I've decided recently to build a ratrod to bring to shows next Summer. I'm on e-bay everyday now looking for the right one to do up:D

Last edited by Danish_Pipe_Guy on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

A 1984 Chev Silverado long bed. No air, needs a starter, heater works good though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:29 pm

'07 Kia Rio. Great on gas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 pm

1989 Toyota Camry wagon and 2005 Scion XB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive?   Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 pm

A Bugatti Veyron. But the ash tray is gettin' full, so I'm starting to think about trading it in for one in a brighter color and with the Spanish leather instead of the Corsican.

Last edited by LL on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What do you drive?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: