HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joseph76

Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:52 pm

I try to smoke at least once a day... sometimes I will have 2 bowls if I'm not busy. If it wasn't for the MAN-ROOM, I probably wouldn't smoke at all in the winter because I hate smoking a pipe outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ua_piper

Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm just getting started and generally getting 3-5 smokes per week. Total tobacco free work place keeps me from being able to smoke while there so all I've got is my time at home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 pm

One or two bowls a day on average. Can be as high as 4 per day if the moons align.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Confidence Cohen

Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 pm

On average weekdays, I smoke one hefty 2 hour bowl in the evening while grading papers and one small 15 minute bowl while walking the dog before bed. On a lazy weekend, I will smoke about 2-5 bowls a day.

I typically end the day of smoking with an aromatic. I let the one with bite be last so my tongue can taste everything prior.

PS. This has definitely increased since my start at the BoB. Thank you, gentlemen. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 pm

bronxbill wrote:
One or two bowls a day on average. Can be as high as 4 per day if the moons align.

Great to see you post Bill! I hope all is well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Smokey Joe

Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 pm

2 bowls a day during work week and 3-5 bowls on my days off. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 pm

About 10 bowls each day on average, give or take 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 pm

One bowl a day during the week; 2 on occasion, 1-3 Saturdays and Sundays.
Back to top Go down
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 pm

In the summer about 2 per day, perhaps 3 or 4 during weekends, depending on work load and honey-do lists. During the winter it depends on the weather...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoosierPuffer

Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:50 pm

For a while it was 2-3 per week.

Since I got sick it hasn't happened at all in the last month.

I miss it but will probably get back into it when it warms up. No inside smoking for me, of my own volition - it alienates real estate buyers.

Plus when you need to get out of the house.... and an excuse to build onto the house or install a fire pit....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 pm

I'd guess 3-6 per day on average. This is up signifigantly from a couple of years ago when I might have smoked a bowl or two per week.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 pm

It depends on what I'm doing for the day. Usually one after each meal and one before bedtime, though I generally have a pipe in my mouth most of the time.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Usually two bowls a day, one at sunrise with coffee and one after dark with beer or tea or whatever. But life can get in the way, so sometimes it's one or no pipes on some days. I don't think my mouth/lungs would want more than two bowls a day. Occasionally on a weekend or out in the woods I'll have a third bowl, but usually only for a day or two, not a week straight or more.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HistoryMajor

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:51 am

Probably only a couple of bowls a week here for me...too bloody cold for anything else!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:53 pm

2-3 bowls a day,usually in the evening.Nasal snuff throughout the day.

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Winslow wrote:
2-3 bowls a day,usually in the evening.Nasal snuff throughout the day.

Winslow sunny

Number of bowls per day did not increase upon retirement?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
ZombieWeinerDog

Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 pm

well i smoke all different kinds of tobacco. i smoke a pipe a few times a month, same with cigars. i also am a fan of hookah. especially with some friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gkhanna74

Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Depends on the season...during the winter, b/w 1-3/day. In the summer, 0-2/day with a daily cigar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Good days: 4-8. Bad days: lucky if I can get 1-2. The best of days: all afternoon and evening long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chopstix

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:52 pm

During a normal week, I try to stop by the local B&M and hang with the boys on weekends and enjoy a couple of bowls. Weekdays are tough between work, children and chores. During the holidays, I try to step up the game; my personal best was fourteen bowls one day last Christmas, starting with 1792 around 0430 and ending with another bowl of the same just before midnight. I will never do that again. Ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amenhotep04

Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:16 pm

I smoke 2-3 pipes per day, and maybe about 3-4 bowls. In a week to two weeks I rotate about 15 pipes, with two pipes IN THE MAIL.

farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:14 pm

At one time, 1-3 bowls per day (if that) was the average, but turning my basement into a mancave has changed that considerably. In general, I smoke a cob or two (mostly Old Joe Krantz, or another burley blend like Haunted Bookshop, although I'll probably be adding Solani's Aged Burley Flake to that list... just tried some of it in my new Ser Jacopo last night, AWESOME!! back to the subject at hand though...) before work, then after work depends, but I'd say 4-8 bowls (keep in mind that several of those could be cobs, so time-wise if I smoke briars only, the # is lower).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoosierPuffer

Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Well, I was at 1-2 a week. Then I got the flu. I haven't had the pipe out since then, and that was 5-6 weeks ago.

On backpacking trips? That number is classified.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beaupipe

Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm most comfortable at 2-4 per day. But I usually smoke only 1 small cigar or nothing during the work week because I travel for work and all the hotels I get booked in seem to be non-smoking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How many pipes do you smoke a day/week?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2