HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Da wiff makes da rules
29%
 29% [ 6 ]
I make da rules but my heart is incapable of upsetting the woman I love
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
I usually make da rules but winning this battle would cost too much marital capital
24%
 24% [ 5 ]
I could, but don't like the "linger/stale" thing afterward myself
33%
 33% [ 7 ]
I could---in fact da wiff begs me to---but I'm a passive-aggressive contrarian who would rather deny her something
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
What house? The bank took it last week
9%
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:29 pm

All the recent cold weather inside/outside talk made me curious.

The poll applies only to those who [/b]can't or don't[/b] smoke in their house.

Last edited by LL on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey LL. You forgot one answer: Don't have a wife and can do whatever I damn well please!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 pm

And the other answer: It is my house, I'll do as I please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Centurian 803 wrote:
Hey LL. You forgot one answer: Don't have a wife and can do whatever I damn well please!

It's to determine why those who can't or don't smoke in their house are in that situation, not how many are in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 pm

To be honest.....the stuff I smoke I can easily put up with in the house. The stuff she smokes I don't even like outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:36 pm

puros_bran wrote:
And the other answer: It is my house, I'll do as I please.

Same thing I said to Centurian. If you do, the question doesn't apply.

Last edited by LL on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:40 pm

We posted at the same time...

What strikes me as odd is all the machismo that floats around here, then "My wife doesn't let me smoke in the house." remarks start up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:45 pm

puros_bran wrote:

What strikes me as odd is all the machismo that floats around here, then "My wife doesn't let me smoke in the house." remarks start up.

You noticed that too? Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:53 pm

I don't see the category for "I have a mancave and restrict my smoking to it" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:44 pm

My partner/fiancée/wife-to-be didn't mind TOO much my smoking... I could smoke in the car when she was there, and she would occasionally let me smoke in the house.... but now we have a new born, and our current digs are pretty small, so I smoke in the garage or outside as of now. But she is still supportive and knows I eventually want some sort of dedicated smoking area.

Okay, when you filter through all of that, what you end up with is this: She's the boss. There, I said it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:52 pm

Here's one for ya, self imposed.

I can't because I feel guilty having the little kids breathing it. I choose to smoke and accept the modest amount of smoke I may actually inhale as it wafts about the house, but they cannot choose when I'm smoking in a place where they cannot get away from it. When the weather is nice I crack the sliding glass door and all is well, but when it's 30 and about to snow....

It's about to snow in frickin Sacramento!! Shocked That's not supposed to happen! Laughing

dbreazeale

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 am

Two of my children have asthma so I don't smoke inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:56 am

I mostly smoke in the basement. Weather permitting, we have a couple large porches. There is the unheated sheds if I am doing something.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 am

I just prefer my home to have a neutral smell. I smoke pipes in the car, outside, etc. I also have a standalone workshop on my property that I'll use as a pipe den from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:45 am

Niether of those. I will be having a kid soon and choose not to expose him to smoke.
Back to top Go down
midnight rider

Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:23 pm

I smoke at the front door with the screen open on the strom door.

I have done this since the house was new 11 years ago. Just to keep the

house "fresh" and for my kids when they were at home.

Something my Paw in law told me once about being the head of the house<

"the man is the head of the house, but the woman is the neck, and the neck turns

the head."

how true this is i have come to find out lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:54 pm

I restrict my smoking (pipes) in my mancave and cigars out on my deck at night in front of the chimnea with a couple of logs thrown in when it's a mere 40 degrees here in Arizona. The wife, she smokes cigarettes anywhere she damn well pleases in the house. Evil or Very Mad Where's the justice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 pm

We looked at a house that was owned by someone who smoked cigars...I smoke outside, even in winter, to preserve the value of our home ...and my marriage.
Bub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Here's one for ya, self imposed.

I like Puff Daddy's answer. Besides, I don't believe in rules! Respect is what it's about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Smokey Joe

Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Well, I smoke where ever I want (when the wife is not lookin rabbit ) I actually prefer to smoke on the porch. It's my temporary man-cave. Helps keep the house from smelling like cheap cigarettes.
Since its getting cold, I just open the sliding glass door a bit when I smoke inside. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm

I used to smoke inside, in my home office, I didn't think the smell was acceptable anywhere else in the house. However, pipe smoke is very aggressive and started permeating everything, leaving a sticky film over my books and photo equipment (taking pics was my favorite hobby then, this was a few years ago), even penetrating closed boxes and zipped duffel bags. After a while it became unacceptable. Tried a myriad of things to mitigate the problem, from candles to indoor air purifiers and exhaust fans on the window. Although things got better, invariably my stuff kept getting the characteristic smell of smoke and a sticky feel to the touch. Nothing really worked well enough, therefore the decision had to be made: live with the stench or smoke outside. I chose the latter... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:52 pm

I smoke in my car, outside my house or in my workshop which only has a couple of electric space heaters in it (hope to have a woodstove set up soon). Never in the house. My wife is a former 2 pack a day smoker, now she's a somewhat asmatic/allergy sufferer and my pipe smoke in a confined space really gets too her.
Back to top Go down
adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I smoke in my office, but only in the winter and only once every few weeks (or less). I just don't like the lingering smoke smell.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Speaking of the lingering smoke smell, I often smell the aroma of tobacco when I wash my face in the morning. I am not aware of it later in the day when I don't smoke. I have worked out at our YMCA next to people who you can tell are obvious smokers. I think that they smoke cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaronbtxnc

Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 pm

I do it for the kids, man, I do it for the kids!

At least that's what my wife says.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/asbpipes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next