HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Smoking Bans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Smoking Bans   Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:26 am

I have a question in regards to smoking bans.I feel when folks put up their money to open a business.It should be thought of as just that..A Private Business..So in my opinion it should be up to the owner of that business wheather or not smoking is allowed.Anyone who doesn't want to be around smoke can choose to go down the street to another place What gives big brother the right to say that private businesses are public places?I wonder if there ever has been a legal definition of exactly what is a private business vs a public place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Bans   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:25 am

What you are saying is the logical line of thinking for those that believe in individual freedom. What is happening is not about the definition of public or private but rather about the calculated systematic dismantling of individual freedoms.

Ironically, the elected officials doing the dismantling are not to blame. The people are to blame and have expressed through their voting rights that they do not believe in individual freedom but rather believe that they need a group of elite politicians to control every aspect of their lives for them and would rather be taken care of like little infants than to live free and make their own choices.

Another thing that I find ironic is that many of the folks that knowingly cast votes for the elitist mentality politicians that intend to usurp individual freedoms, end up being the ones that complain the loudist while running around making up all kinds of excuses as to why they have egg all over their faces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

Smoking Bans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1