HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Sherlok Holmes Movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New Sherlok Holmes Movie   Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:16 pm

I got the chance to go see the movie today. Awesome!!! Absolutely awesome!!!

I agree with Dock and Janitor on this one. The way that they portrayed Holmes and Watson was brilliant. I didn't think it was that far off from the character in Sir Conan Doyle's books. There was a slight 21st century spin but I expected it. And how about Irene Adler using Holme's pipe for an explosive device with the shank as the fuse! Outstanding movie! It will drive me crazy waiting for the next one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
stoked

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: New Sherlok Holmes Movie   Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 am

I saw the movie last week. I am a huge Holmes fan so I am happy to see anything new come out on the big screen (or small for that matter).

Holmes portrayal was a bit rough around the edges, less intellectual than most versions. Jude Law played an excellent Watson - maybe one of the best. The movie didn't take as much from the books as I would have liked. For what it is, a hollywood attempt to make an already well developed character more modernized, it was ok. (But why do that?) Good to see the interest in the character again anyway.

As a Holmes fan I rate it maybe 4/10. As a movie fan I rate it 6.5/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: New Sherlok Holmes Movie   Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 am

I got to see the movie last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I am a Sherlock Holmes fan although I cannot quote chapter and verse on the novels. Jude Law was one of the better Dr. Watson's I have seen. I would really like to see Downey and Law do a newer version of the Hounds of the Baskerville's. All in all I would give the movie at least a 7 out of 10 for a Sherlock Holmes movie and a 9 out of 10 for being an entertaining movie in general. Just my two cents worth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New Sherlok Holmes Movie   Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Finally got to see it yesterday afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
I agree with others that Downey and Law played their parts excellently.
I especially liked the part where Holmes was in deep thought on a matter, struggling for a solution, then whipped out his pipe lit it up, and quickly came up with a solution.
Also the part where he jumped from the building into the river; the first thing out of the water was the pipe.
I can't wait till part 2.
Back to top Go down

New Sherlok Holmes Movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2