HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Christmas Eve chaos!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Christmas Eve chaos!   Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Last night was most interesting!

Been a while since we stayed home and did nothing but sit and watch movies and make goodies with the kids on Christmas Eve. We usually end up at a relatives house or some such thing, but tonight we wanted to sit quietly at home and just be together, the four of us.

Like I said, been a long time since we did this. So, we just made the worlds ugliest gingerbread house. The thing collapsed several times, and once finally erected to a permanent upright position (hopefully) it looked like it was a remnant of a bombed out city, a ragged, crusty survivor of some candyland holocaust. The gum drops hang precariously from oozing white icing, sprinkles scattered to and fro in clumps that suggest shrapnel from mortar rounds, and I fear the whole thing is listing badly and will be rubble before the weekend is out. We're quite proud of it Very Happy Along side that grand architectural wonder sits a pan of fudge that likely will never fully set up and might have to be used to make milkshakes.The sugar cookies for Santa are splayed out to the thickness of a cracker. A fine testament to my former culinary pursuits it is! Thankfully, I kept a distance from most of it, but I must take the blame... ERRrr, credit for the fudge soup. I was never much of a pastry chef Laughing I just threw it together and figured it ought to work, couldn't be too bad. [note to self: Never be too proud or hurried to reference a recipe]

In keeping with the theme of culinary excellence, we had a pair of frozen cardboard pizzas that may have actually had some sort of cheese on them, and the coffee is coming as I must stay awake to ensure that Santa finds the place once the munchkins finally drift off, which I think may be several hours off given the amount of sugar they have ingested. The wife is trying to pry one off the ceiling as I write this.

Honestly, it's been one of the better Christmas eve's in some time. Hope yours is as fine, and let the fudge flow freely tonight cheers

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve chaos!   Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:41 pm

lol!

Hope you took pictures? This is the stuff of golden memories, to be shared with their kids and your grand kids.

Have a safe and blessed Season and New Year.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petemcb

Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve chaos!   Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:27 pm

family time; thats what its all about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve chaos!   Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Sounds like a grand evening!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve chaos!   Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Great Christmas Eve story PD! There is nothing like staying at home. We stayed home last night and did some baking as well and it was great. I just don't have the little ones anymore to make it more enjoyable. Waiting on my engaged son to get busy next year after he is married so I will have some little ones to indulge! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

Christmas Eve chaos!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: