HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A funny poem for us

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrlindeman

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: A funny poem for us   Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:49 pm

I purchased a tobacco by Samuel Gawith last night called firedance. This is a poem that happened to be the first review of this tobacco on tobacco reviews.com lol. I thought it was nice.

First there were aromatics. And She Who Must Be Obeyed rejoiced. But the man grew tired and weary. "Surely there must be more to life than these?" he thought. So he began to explore. And soon discovered the pleasure of Full Virgina Flake, Perfection, then Dunhill and soon other fine Virginia flakes, VAPERs and all manner of English. The Man was happy. But She Who Must Be Obeyed was not. "What is that terrible smell!" she exclaimed. And the Man found himself banished to the screen room, alone and forlorn.
"What shall I do," he cried to his trusted confidant, the tobacconist. "She Who Must Be Obeyed has decreed - no Latakia in her presence." The crafty old Sage winked his eye, and wisely produced a tin of legendary renown: "Firedance Flake!"

And so the man carefully pried open the lid. A strong scent of berries (blackberries - oh sweet memories of youth) and brandy greeted his senses. "But I've tried other aromatics, only to be crushed by the fickle flavor that is not true to scent." "Do not fear," said the Wise One. "This one is far truer..."

So the Man returned to his domicile. With fear in his heart and trembling in his fingers he loaded his trusted bent billiard with the flake called "firedance". A light - a puff -- and a smile!

Even She Who Must Be Obeyed was convinced. This is one aromatic that is true to its form. A fine Virginia with a sweet, lingering scent that will enhance any room. And peace and contentment returned.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lowflyingpenguin

Location : The Wilds of Canada (from Iroquois for 'the village')
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: A funny poem for us   Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:05 pm

I have smoked this stuff from time to time and can say that it is indeed a very nice aromatic (which I usually don't keep in my rotation).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrlindeman

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: A funny poem for us   Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:14 pm

lowflyingpenguin wrote:
I have smoked this stuff from time to time and can say that it is indeed a very nice aromatic (which I usually don't keep in my rotation).

I agree. I have fallen off the latakia wagen. I just dont like it anymore after giving it so many chances. Virginias have been my transition from heavy aro's. This stuff it pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A funny poem for us
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: