HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:27 am

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...
2-5 inch snow storm this morning in Kentucky.

Wrath of God, Global Climate Change, Regional Disaster...

Somebody save us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FEMA? Red Cross? National Guard?
Somebody,Anybody SAVE US!

I have never in my life seen as much terror over a snow storm.. The reports coming in suggest Milk Sammich eaters are stocked but the shelves are empty... The Snow Plows have been in the median crossover ever vigilant & idling since midnight. the State Police are interrupting radio and tv programs to give driving instructions.. This may be it boys, we might not make it....

Wonder when they'll realize we did this last year too.

Last edited by puros_bran on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hillbillyisms)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Thankfully someone came on the radio giving vital info:

If you are shivering, rapid involuntary shaking, it is due to body heat loss, seek shelter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Blizzard like conditions here later today. Cathy went to the Walmart for a couple items yesterday at lunch and said it was worst than Christmas shopping.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wide Awake

Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 am

Kroger's was literally out of milk last night but there were still plenty of snow shovels at ACE. I think priorities might be mixed up here in Independence but whatever personal responsibility went out the window a while ago. Ill just wait for the national guard to show up and save me mentality seems to be the thought of many. Oh if anyone wants to read a good new book try One Second After, by William R. Forstchen, Forge New York, 2009.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:42 am

Wide Awake wrote:
Oh if anyone wants to read a good new book try One Second After, by William R. Forstchen, Forge New York, 2009.

That does look like a very interesting and relevant read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:57 am

News hype seems to have had the desired affect on most people. They stayed home today. Like we did. Only been a few off in the ditches and one semi rolled on I55 here in Logan county so far.

I have no doubts in my ability to get where I need to in the 4x4 truck. But all the people running around in little cars because they think they have to, scares me.

After the winds today, tonight, and tomorrow, we will dig out and I will bebop around town on the John Deere and clear some drives for a few of the older folks. The EMS building. Back of the Post Office, etc.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:24 am

Looks like we'll get an inch or three off this storm starting this evening. No rush on the grocerys yet, no panic on the local news. I might leave work a bit early so I can beat the idiots, who usually wait till all the other idiots are on the road; get home stoke up the wood stove, and stay put.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:32 am

NO EJ, FLEE NOWWWWWWWWWWWW
Heavens sakes man its an inch of snow, SEEK Shelter, watch out for shivers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 am

puros_bran wrote:
NO EJ, FLEE NOWWWWWWWWWWWW
Heavens sakes man its an inch of snow, SEEK Shelter, watch out for shivers!
Calm down PB! Calm Down! There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
Hell, we been shivering for a month now. Theres still six inches left from our last snow storm back in Dec. another inch ain't gonna make that much difference.
Although an Island vacation sounds nice......

HA! Dream on!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:42 am

Oh my ..oh my... the kids wanted to "Can we go outside" .... they couldn't be deterred with internet,xbox, the big scren, or anything... I hope they make it, they were such good kids up until then..

Oh well I guess thats more Milk Sammiches for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 pm

EJinVA wrote:
get home stoke up the wood stove, and stay put.

Home now with the wood stove rolling, Old Crow crow'n, pipe buring and myself relax'n! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Justpipes wrote:
EJinVA wrote:

Home now with the wood stove rolling, Old Crow crow'n, pipe buring and myself relax'n! Very Happy

Damn! Mark, sounds like a party! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 pm

EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
EJinVA wrote:

Just on my annual after New Year's week vacation. We decided not to go anywhere so I've just been pittling around the house most of the week. Did ride up to the Pipe & Pint in Greensboro only to find out that the state gave notice to Larry that he could no longer allow his patrons to smoke in the shop due to a complaint from passers by and patrons of a near by store. I feel bad for Larry because it is the first time that I have ever been there that the place wasn't packed with local pipe and cigar smokers hanging out to fellowship and smoke, and it never mattered what day of the week either. When I got there yesterday there was one person in there. I hope Larry's business will recover from the out come of all the knuckleheads that voted a straight party ticket for Obama, that further skewed our state to the left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Looks like the local public school system panicked, schools closing 1 hour early with not a flake of snow in sight. Alls they gotta do is check the local radar on one of several weather sites to see it dissipating before it's even entering the state.
Back to top Go down
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Anybody want to visit me, last storm dumped about 15", youse guys don't know what snowstorms are!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy tongue Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Justpipes wrote:
EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
EJinVA wrote:

Just on my annual after New Year's week vacation. We decided not to go anywhere so I've just been pittling around the house most of the week. Did ride up to the Pipe & Pint in Greensboro only to find out that the state gave notice to Larry that he could no longer allow his patrons to smoke in the shop due to a complaint from passers by and patrons of a near by store. I feel bad for Larry because it is the first time that I have ever been there that the place wasn't packed with local pipe and cigar smokers hanging out to fellowship and smoke, and it never mattered what day of the week either. When I got there yesterday there was one person in there. I hope Larry's business will recover from the out come of all the knuckleheads that voted a straight party ticket for Obama, that further skewed our state to the left.

"passers by and patrons of a near by store"

What a Face C'mon man! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:06 pm

I was over in Stirling NJ yesterday Ken.. Hartford CT monday...

Just to be clear, I'm making fun of the "News" down here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Hermit wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
EJinVA wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
EJinVA wrote:

"passers by and patrons of a near by store"

What a Face C'mon man! What a Face

Larry told me he got a warning from the state because they recieved a formal complaint, and that because of that, and the fact that he is in a strip shopping center smoking could no longer be allowed in his shop or they would fine him. That's how stupid the smoke nazi, Obama coat tail riding left wing nut cases are getting in North Carolina. Larry is checking into what he can do to fight it.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Larry is checking into what he can do to fight it.

Here's what a Wilmington Hookah Bar did to get by the restrictions--
Wilmington hookah bar's "reality show"

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Ol'Dawg wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
Larry is checking into what he can do to fight it.

Here's what a Wilmington Hookah Bar did to get by the restrictions--
Wilmington hookah bar's "reality show"

Jim

That's pretty awesome Jim! I haven't seen it. I am going to send that to Larry and maybe if he puts a streaming video of the Pipe & Pint up, they waon't mess with him. Not to mention the advertising it would give him. He and Lawdog (Robert Lawing) are working together on a retail website. Robert was there yesterday when I visted.
Back to top Go down
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Wide Awake wrote:
Oh if anyone wants to read a good new book try One Second After, by William R. Forstchen, Forge New York, 2009.

Sounds like the kind of thing to read when it is inadvisable to be outdoors:

One second after
Forstchen, William R.
Publishers Weekly Review
In this entertaining apocalyptic thriller from Forstchen (We Look Like Men of War), a high-altitude nuclear bomb of uncertain origin explodes, unleashing a deadly electromagnetic pulse that instantly disables almost every electrical device in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world. Airplanes, most cars, cellphones, refrigerators all are fried as the country plunges into literal and metaphoric darkness. History professor John Matherson, who lives with his two daughters in a small North Carolina town, soon figures out what has happened. Aided by local officials, Matherson begins to deal with such long-term effects of the disaster as starvation, disease and roving gangs of barbarians. While the material sometimes threatens to veer into jingoism, and heartstrings are tugged a little too vigorously, fans of such classics as Alas, Babylon and On the Beachwill have a good time as Forstchen tackles the obvious and some not-so-obvious questions the apocalypse tends to raise. Newt Gingrich provides a foreword. (Mar.) Copyright � Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. From: Reed Elsevier Inc. Copyright Reed Business Information

Even though I can still see the grass through the dusting of snow, I've put in a request at the library.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dum Dum Dummmmm. Snow!!!
Page 1 of 1