HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tabac Order

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 pm

So I order 5 blends from Uhle's and the average price increase $6.00 per 14oz, an approx. increase of 20-25%, this not to single out Uhle's, but to let you know how expensive out tabac will be in the future, I was one one site where the prices were 30-35% in difference!! Evil or Very Mad I realise that vendors have to pay the ship taxes of what they have in inventory, buy tabac now, when we cant get anymore pipe prices will plunge! Ken tongue
Pacem[?] en Puffing! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Wise words... but more concern to many is that internet sales may be cut off some day.

I wouldn't panic, but get a systematic plan up and running for the next two or three years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Yep. I like to think of it as dollar cost averaging. I'd say your tobacco portfolio is looking damn fine Ken. You are a financial genius!

I think I'll wait for winter to end before I place another long distance order though. I don't like the idea of my tobacco freezing on it's week long trip coast to coast. Does anyone else have a concern about this? Maybe I'm worried over nothin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:36 pm

tin man wrote:

I think I'll wait for winter to end before I place another long distance order though. I don't like the idea of my tobacco freezing on it's week long trip coast to coast. Does anyone else have a concern about this? Maybe I'm worried over nothin'.

Well the temps up here are a concern.... I raised this question a few years ago, perhaps on the old Knox.... forgot the answer... actually I don't think there was a definitive answer, so I kept ordering....

I haven't noticed any ill effects, but if I discover "ice" crystals, I'll "pm' you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joseph76

Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm spending 90% of my money on building the cellar... other than 1 pipe I'm looking for, I think the money is better invested in baccy... the prices are going nowhere but higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tabac Order
Page 1 of 1