HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tabac Order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 pm

So I order 5 blends from Uhle's and the average price increase $6.00 per 14oz, an approx. increase of 20-25%, this not to single out Uhle's, but to let you know how expensive out tabac will be in the future, I was one one site where the prices were 30-35% in difference!! Evil or Very Mad I realise that vendors have to pay the ship taxes of what they have in inventory, buy tabac now, when we cant get anymore pipe prices will plunge! Ken tongue
Pacem[?] en Puffing! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Wise words... but more concern to many is that internet sales may be cut off some day.

I wouldn't panic, but get a systematic plan up and running for the next two or three years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Yep. I like to think of it as dollar cost averaging. I'd say your tobacco portfolio is looking damn fine Ken. You are a financial genius!

I think I'll wait for winter to end before I place another long distance order though. I don't like the idea of my tobacco freezing on it's week long trip coast to coast. Does anyone else have a concern about this? Maybe I'm worried over nothin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:36 pm

tin man wrote:

I think I'll wait for winter to end before I place another long distance order though. I don't like the idea of my tobacco freezing on it's week long trip coast to coast. Does anyone else have a concern about this? Maybe I'm worried over nothin'.

Well the temps up here are a concern.... I raised this question a few years ago, perhaps on the old Knox.... forgot the answer... actually I don't think there was a definitive answer, so I kept ordering....

I haven't noticed any ill effects, but if I discover "ice" crystals, I'll "pm' you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joseph76

Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Tabac Order   Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm spending 90% of my money on building the cellar... other than 1 pipe I'm looking for, I think the money is better invested in baccy... the prices are going nowhere but higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tabac Order
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: