HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

the proposed tobacco tax increase..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Maybe belongs in the Rubber Room but I'm going to put it here.....

When I signed the petition it told me only 11 other people from Kentucky had signed the thing... THAT PISSES ME OFF! Guys if you don't at least sign an electronic petition it's ridiculous to bitch about it when your fav baccy company goes out of business!

Get your friends and family members to sign it too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:24 pm

How about putting up a sticky with a link to the petition and to the text of the proposition itself?

puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Its already here...http://www.brothersofbriar.com/the-round-table-f12/bill-introduced-to-further-raise-federal-tax-on-pipe-tobacco-t7502.htm

but..Here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:30 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Guys if you don't at least sign an electronic petition it's ridiculous to bitch about it when your fav baccy company goes out of business!

I have to exercise my literal mindedness here..........If you helped put an administration in office knowing before hand that they would ram every tobacco tax and every other kind of tax down our throats, with a president that vowed to sign every one of the bills that comes across his desk, don't bitch!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Your going against your own logic that the people were duped into believing a lie... but anyway, lets leave that aspect in the rubber room and stick with signing this e-petition...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Your going against your own logic that the people were duped into believing a lie... but anyway, lets leave that aspect in the rubber room and stick with signing this e-petition...

That's just coming from the linear side of my brain! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Already done!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:59 pm

Done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Done with hard copies going out in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Done with hard copies going out in the morning.
Hard copy mail with a personal voice really is the best for impact--that's how I'm addressing this to my local Congresscritters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
rickf28

Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 am

I signed petition a few days ago, and sent a letter yesterday.. I was the 10th from South Carolina to sign petision ...I forwarded it to all my friends...even the ones who dont smoke and asked for them to sign and send letters also....They all said yes...I just hope they do it.....We really need to take a stand on this...Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wesbarber

Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:05 am

Done! 107th from Texas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wesbarber
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:18 am

Done! 85th person from NC
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 am

Did it a couple days ago, at the time I was like 16th in Va.
With Winslow in Richmond now I'm hoping he can go knock on some doors at the capital. Wake up ol Jeff Davis and kick some ass.
Back to top Go down
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:42 am

puros_bran wrote:
Maybe belongs in the Rubber Room but I'm going to put it here.....

When I signed the petition it told me only 11 other people from Kentucky had signed the thing... THAT PISSES ME OFF! Guys if you don't at least sign an electronic petition it's ridiculous to bitch about it when your fav baccy company goes out of business!

Get your friends and family members to sign it too!
Same here PB, I was #3 in Alabama. Come on guys !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midnight rider

Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:55 am

Well I have my tobacco seeds on order. I plan on growning and curing my own.

Just in case some of my brothers might want to give it try, i have this link .

It is for the seeds and instructions. Also I have found on the web instructions for

blending.

http://www.seedman.com/Tobacco.htm

http://www.tobaccoblending.com/index.htm

I will try and keep everyone informed on how this goes, with updates on the growing

processing if ya'll a interested.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Python

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

There is an option on the petition where you can send physical letters as well. At the end you can choose to send the letters as well as the e-mail. It cost $3.00 per letter.
I have 3 representatives so it cost me $9.00. That is only the cost of 1 tin of tobacco. It is well worth it.
Send the letters as well, it will have a greater impact.

http://www.rallycongress.com/stop-the-pipe-tobacco-tax/2826/stop-pipe-tobacco-tax/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Did the online petition a few days ago. But knowing how few pipe smokers there really are in this country, my strategy is to stock a lifetime supply before this idiocy passes.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 pm

adauria wrote:
Did the online petition a few days ago. But knowing how few pipe smokers there really are in this country, my strategy is to stock a lifetime supply before this idiocy passes.

-Andrew

Good strategy Andrew!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 pm

If I could afford a life time supply over the next month or so $25 a lb would not scare me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Which variety tobacco are you planting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:11 pm

puros_bran wrote:
If I could afford a life time supply over the next month or so $25 a lb would not scare me.

Me either, but unfortunately I am not in that boat!
Back to top Go down
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:52 pm

I signed as well, here's to hoping that our voices are heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: the proposed tobacco tax increase..   Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 am

Python wrote:
There is an option on the petition where you can send physical letters as well. At the end you can choose to send the letters as well as the e-mail. It cost $3.00 per letter.
I have 3 representatives so it cost me $9.00. That is only the cost of 1 tin of tobacco. It is well worth it.
Send the letters as well, it will have a greater impact.

http://www.rallycongress.com/stop-the-pipe-tobacco-tax/2826/stop-pipe-tobacco-tax/

I sent the email petition letter yesterday, but tonight I went back and had the paper letters sent as well. $9 well spent even if we don't get the tide turned, at least I took part in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midnight rider

Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: These are the types of tobacco that i will be growing   Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:26 am

TA76 Yellow Pryor
Another good heirloom tobacco that is excellent for blending pipe tobaccos, also does well for cigarette blends too. We really like this one for pipes when flavored with our Captain Black Type flavoring.

TA116 Tennessee Red Leaf
A fast growing, high yielding tobacco with large leaves that cure to a red color, excellent cigarette and pipe blend.

TA05 Orinoco
A tall tobacco with thick textured, crinkly leaves that produces a rich brown pipe tobacco that is a favorite of pipe smokers worldwide. Also makes a good blending tobacco for cigars and cigarettes.\

TA68 Frog Eye Orinoco
Frog Eye Orinoco is one of several varieties derived in part from the original Virginia Orinoco. While it makes a good cigarette blend and cigar filler, our customers tell us that it makes an excellent pipe tobacco, and seems best suited for this purpose.

TA41 Havana 503B
One of the most popular cigar varieties for home growers. An excellent pipe tobacco, it also makes a good chewing tobacco. Will grow 6-7 ft. tall. Cured leaves have a reddish to light brown color. Cured leaves have a silky texture like long rye that makes a good covering for cigars. Has a pleasant, mild aroma and taste much preferred for cigars.

TA63 Wisconsin Seedleaf
A lot of growers use this for a cigar binder, which it is excellent for, but several of my pipe smoking growers tell me that a blend of Wisconsin Seedleaf and Havana 503 makes for a smooth, delightful pipe tobacco that is easily flavored with food flavorings. Plant grows about 5 feet tall with broad leaves. Very Happy

TA76 Yellow Pryor
Another good heirloom tobacco that is excellent for blending pipe tobaccos, also does well for cigarette blends too. We really like this one for pipes when flavored with our Captain Black Type flavoring.

TA116 Tennessee Red Leaf
A fast growing, high yielding tobacco with large leaves that cure to a red color, excellent cigarette and pipe blend.

TA05 Orinoco
A tall tobacco with thick textured, crinkly leaves that produces a rich brown pipe tobacco that is a favorite of pipe smokers worldwide. Also makes a good blending tobacco for cigars and cigarettes.\

TA68 Frog Eye Orinoco
Frog Eye Orinoco is one of several varieties derived in part from the original Virginia Orinoco. While it makes a good cigarette blend and cigar filler, our customers tell us that it makes an excellent pipe tobacco, and seems best suited for this purpose.

TA41 Havana 503B
One of the most popular cigar varieties for home growers. An excellent pipe tobacco, it also makes a good chewing tobacco. Will grow 6-7 ft. tall. Cured leaves have a reddish to light brown color. Cured leaves have a silky texture like long rye that makes a good covering for cigars. Has a pleasant, mild aroma and taste much preferred for cigars.

TA63 Wisconsin Seedleaf
A lot of growers use this for a cigar binder, which it is excellent for, but several of my pipe smoking growers tell me that a blend of Wisconsin Seedleaf and Havana 503 makes for a smooth, delightful pipe tobacco that is easily flavored with food flavorings. Plant grows about 5 feet tall with broad leaves.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

the proposed tobacco tax increase..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next