HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

j the huggett... your dream job is calling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Cool, toiletries are provided.
Back to top Go down
the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Is there any B&M shop in the area? What is the Antarctic tobbacco tax bill like? Does Obama-care cover frostbite due resulting from pipes that aren't good clenchers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Screw that job! Laughing

For the diversity of skills that would be required and the working environment it sure doesn't pay very well. Sure they give you an allowance of almost 50 G's but what can you spend that on in fricken Antarctica? So unless all my coworkers were super hot chicks and I was the only dude I think I'd pass. Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 pm

jhuggett wrote:
Screw that job! Laughing

So unless all my coworkers were super hot chicks and I was the only dude I think I'd pass. Laughing

I assumed that was your situation now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:33 pm

No but I do get to see women more than 20 days out of the year. Laughing

"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:44 pm

jhuggett wrote:
Screw that job! Laughing

For the diversity of skills that would be required and the working environment it sure doesn't pay very well. Sure they give you an allowance of almost 50 G's but what can you spend that on in fricken Antarctica? So unless all my coworkers were super hot chicks and I was the only dude I think I'd pass. Laughing

Absolutely Antarctica is a hot chick magnet. Are you kidding??? Women from all over the world flock there for the weather. Bikini time 24-7, just like the Italian Riviera. Acres of bronzed babes everywhere you look.

Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrWfXTwKi0k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 pm

That's just down right scary weather.

Back to top Go down
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Man if I was single, had no mortgage or cats and had the required skill set, I would totally jump at that opportunity. That there looks like a serious adventure waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Nobody's mentioned penguin watching. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

After a couple of cold, lonely months down there, I fear you'd more than just "watch" the penguins. affraid

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Big lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:47 pm

If I wasn't married, I would be there in a heartbeat. Antarctica is always in demand on HF.

"CQ DX de k9zm/VK0" Very Happy

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett

PostSubject: Re: j the huggett... your dream job is calling   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:24 pm

I emailed the story to my boss who would be a perfect fit for the job. He's a retired Army Warrant Officer that did all kinds of communications work so that part would be easy for him. He now runs an IT department so the computer stuff would be a breeze. He just responded to me that he'd be retiring soon enough and there was no reason to send him to Antarctica just so I can have his job. Laughing

I didn't know I was that transparent. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

j the huggett... your dream job is calling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1